Thread: 80L Cube Stocking

Default 80L Cube Stocking

Hi all,
    Its been a few years since I have kept fish, I am just getting back into it.
    I have an 80 litre tank (43cm cubed) and a aqua one canister filter - I think its the nautilus but I will need to double check to the the specifics on that.

The plan is to have a heavily planted tank, this is my current stock list for it:
    10x Thread fin rainbows (Iriatherina werneri)?
    10x Spotted blue eye (Pseudomugil gertrudae)?
    10x Cherry Shrimp

While AqAdvisor says this is fine some information I have found states that the thread fins might not do so well in a tall tank rather needing the length to school properly.
    Do you think the cube will be okay?

Would I be pushing it to put some Empire Gudgeons in too?

Thank you!

I am not in favour of the gudgeons but the rest look fine to me. Very nice choice of stock actually!

Welcome!

[ Do you got to the CDAS meetings? ]

If you need Cherry Shrimp let me know as I have plenty of yellows available.
    Whatever

Thank you! I didn't think the gudgeons would be feasible, I was just playing with the idea really!
    I have been meaning to go to the CDAS meetings, I am on the facebook group and there have been some really interesting talks I wanted to go to! Hopefully I will get to go in future!

The cherry shrimp would actually be amazing, Do you think you will have surplus for a while? I just want to make sure everything is 100% before putting anything in. How much would you want for some?

Quote Originally Posted by Notsureasaurus View Post
    The cherry shrimp would actually be amazing, Do you think you will have surplus for a while? I just want to make sure everything is 100% before putting anything in. How much would you want for some?
    For the foreseeable future but am looking at getting rid of them soonish.

PM me and we can sort something out.z
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Notsureasaurus View Post
    Thank you! I didn't think the gudgeons would be feasible, I was just playing with the idea really!
    I have been meaning to go to the CDAS meetings, I am on the facebook group and there have been some really interesting talks I wanted to go to! Hopefully I will get to go in future!
    Re: CDAS You can get some bargains at the Auctions. Some people breed fish so you get pretty good quality fish as well. Common plants are cheap. The last one is on this month if you can make it.

I am usually there at the meetings peddling my fertiliser (All in one).