Thread: LED hanging lights

Default LED hanging lights

Ok guys

Who is using hanging LED lights for their planted aquariums? I'm currently using a reef breeders photon V2 and don't think this is the right light for planted tanks. For this light I can adjust the percentage for each colour, but I think it has the wrong spectrum.
    So it might be time to buy a proper planted LED light. My tank is two foot x two foot. What type are you guys using?

Thanks
    Magnum: I know what your thinking and your right.

Looks like an excellent light!! How does it look to you with most of the blues at 20% and rest of the channels maxed out?

Looks good. I do have the blues at 30% and the rest at 60%. I'm still waiting on a co2 diffuser to come in the mail, so some of the plants are starting to look a bit sick.
    Magnum: I know what your thinking and your right.

Any pics?

Lower the intensity to 15% blue and 50% rest. Sometimes a powerful light can burn the plants.

btw if it looks good to you, you can grow plants with this light. Remember that it's the same sunlight that grows plants vs corals. Corals typically need way higher PPFD (PAR) so this light is more than enough for you.