Thread: Aquascape pond - brainstorming ideas

Default Aquascape pond - brainstorming ideas

Hiya AL,

I have been considering an aquascaped pond in the next 2 years. I have been inspired by these videos and wonder whether anyone has one that they are can share?

I have one friend who has a pond but never seen anything as natural looking as the ones as above! My friends one looks like a volcano and waterfall looks uber un-natural.

Does anyone know any good pond contractors whom I can speak to. I will probably get it done by them although a very small one I could manage.....

I am very keen to explore one with a overflow skimmer and a waterfall. Depending on the space I get, I may need to consider a pond-less waterfall which wouldn't worry me that much, given much less maintenance and energy saving as you can just switch off the pump whenever.

Hey mate, Waterscapes Australia would be the go they are a certified Aquascape (the guys in your video) contractor. Check out their website http://www.waterscapesaustralia.com.au/ I think you will find their work is quite impressive.

Hey Chandler thanks for the tip! I will have a look.

go big enough to swim with the fishies!?
    like a 3 tiered pond, first tier mostly plants for filtration > waterfall down into a swim-able pond with the fish > flowing into a 3rd tier which is also a filtration
    i think im rambling about my own dreams

Quote Originally Posted by luked View Post
    go big enough to swim with the fishies!?
    like a 3 tiered pond, first tier mostly plants for filtration > waterfall down into a swim-able pond with the fish > flowing into a 3rd tier which is also a filtration
    i think im rambling about my own dreams
    You and I are dreaming my friend. But for some, it's not a dream....