Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 120x50x50 Planted - Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualist View Post
    Hmm I have never considered the wavemaker... but 3000 is quite a big gap to fill from 1150. Any recommendations? Also, as mentioned before, this tank won't be too heavily planted, but I do know fishes and them get more lively with good flow so I am keen to go above the bare minimum.

Also, having issues uploading to photobuckets at the moment. where do you guys upload your photos these days?
    i have a 5500lph wavemaker ontop of my 1400lph canister lol. I just dont see the filter sucking up enough shit though.
    but being planted, I guess as long as my sand doesnt get dirty too quickly, I can clean and maintain the rest.

I wouldnt recommend a 5500lph wavemaker though, as flow is too big. arouind the 3000lph wavemaker would be perfect alongside a 1400lph filter. you could probably get away with lighter though

Quote Originally Posted by luked View Post
    i have a 5500lph wavemaker ontop of my 1400lph canister lol. I just dont see the filter sucking up enough shit though.
    but being planted, I guess as long as my sand doesnt get dirty too quickly, I can clean and maintain the rest.

I wouldnt recommend a 5500lph wavemaker though, as flow is too big. arouind the 3000lph wavemaker would be perfect alongside a 1400lph filter. you could probably get away with lighter though
    I was kinda looking at this one, any feedback?

https://www.amazon.com.au/Hydor-Kora.../dp/B0036S70ZG

That pump is highly regarded due to small size and packing a punch. You could hide this pump in the background etc compared to other monster wave makers.

MAybe you can sign up for prime (one month trial) for free shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    That pump is highly regarded due to small size and packing a punch. You could hide this pump in the background etc compared to other monster wave makers.

MAybe you can sign up for prime (one month trial) for free shipping?
    I think I already used up that one month trial earlier this year. wonder if I could do that again :P

Is it me or that also looks cheaper than other wavemakers?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualist View Post
    I think I already used up that one month trial earlier this year. wonder if I could do that again :P

Is it me or that also looks cheaper than other wavemakers?
    Looks fine to me, I would change mine to a smaller one, though i'm conflicted as I paid like $90 for mine and dont want to fork out more on a newer one (wont get much return on the current one)

To reduce the output of the big one, wrap some black mesh on the intake side. This might reduce fresh shrimp bites being fed to the fish as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234