Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 120x50x50 Planted - Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualist View Post
    Just received a call. the cabinet is ready to be delivered. Next Monday, I'll have a new furniture in my house
    Good times!

just to clarify, (I re-read my comment) its two 6kg bottles of co2 per year for $79 haha.
    Not sure what grade I got, i should have asked haha.

the bottle is just over 600mm high unfortunately.
    It would fit under my stand if I cut a hole in the floor of the stand and let the bottle sit directly on the ground.
    Let me see if I got a snap of it for you.

Thanks Luke. So it's about 61cm high? [ I may design a cabinet which fits this....I prefer to have the tank at 80cm personally ]

Quote Originally Posted by luked View Post
    just to clarify, (I re-read my comment) its two 6kg bottles of co2 per year for $79 haha.
    Not sure what grade I got, i should have asked haha.

the bottle is just over 600mm high unfortunately.
    It would fit under my stand if I cut a hole in the floor of the stand and let the bottle sit directly on the ground.
    Let me see if I got a snap of it for you.
    Thanks for the clarification Luke, didn't they ask you when you ordered? when I looked at their website online they had like, 6 different grades! lol

and about the height... interesting. in theory my cabinet is about 80cm, but I don't know how much actual room I can use inside it. I'll measure this when the cabinet comes in.

For some reason my phone wont upload to imgur at the moment.
    I found my measuring tape though so measured the bottle to be 680mm and with attachments its around 720mm, but im sure I could turn the regulator sideways if I wasnt using the attached bubble counter.
    nope they didnt haha, I just told him i needed co2 for my fish tank. Pretty sure he would have given me food grade though.

If the floor of the cabinet is higher than the actual floor, like mine, you may be able to cut a hole big enough for the co2 tank to sit into. this would also support it from being tipped (for whatever reason).
    If I cut the hole in the floor of my cabinet, I could easily hide the bottle under there, but for now, its sitting to the right of the tank.

I'll know more when the cabinet arrives

on another note, about quarantine tank: does anyone has a suggestion on the ideal size of this tank? I don't imagine I'll need it in the immediate future, just gathering information for now

Depends on size and number of fish you wish to keep to an extent. 2 footer is a good size for most.

I'll know more when the cabinet arrives

on another note, about quarantine tank: does anyone has a suggestion on the ideal size of this tank? I don't imagine I'll need it in the immediate future, just gathering information for now
    2 feet is good for most fish. Can go smaller for few fish. Good lighting is important otherwise you may be quarantining but not seeing what is going on.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Might have to find space for it later.

the cabinet has arrived, looks like it's actually closer to 90cm in height. the co2 bottle shouldn't be a problem then.

Pics please. Very excited for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Pics please. Very excited for you!
    Will do in the next few days!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Might have to find space for it later.

the cabinet has arrived, looks like it's actually closer to 90cm in height. the co2 bottle shouldn't be a problem then.
    good to hear!! hope the bottle fits if thats what you decide to use!

Thanks!

So, thought I'd ask my final consideration for lighting before I plunge: below is the one I'm planning to order. For anyone using MML before, can anyone chime in on how user friendly the remote/wifi is, and is it enough or should I just order the sunrise/sunset option?

https://makemyled.com/1-x-120cm-trip...mml-fwp3b-120/

Thanks!

So, thought I'd ask my final consideration for lighting before I plunge: below is the one I'm planning to order. For anyone using MML before, can anyone chime in on how user friendly the remote/wifi is, and is it enough or should I just order the sunrise/sunset option?

Do you know whether you can dim the LED strip independently from the main XB2 LED?
    Is it a single cable coming out of the light?
    How many light dimming steps per 24/hrs can the wifi system support?
    Can the wifi system be over ridden without a phone (ie for full power vieweing) ?
    Does having the warm colours (4500K) concentrated on the middle of the light cause a warm patch in the middle of the tank?

Some things for you to ask MML. Other members may know also.

Thanks!

Cant comment about how good / functional the remote / wifi controller is, tho I do use a sunrise / sunset control i.e. a tc420, you can buy them way cheaper than what MML sells via ebay or other online sites, at first the program used to program the TC420 (program is called PLED) is confusing, but once you get your head around the PLED program is ok... tho still clunky and old school.

Look at the newer wifi TC421 apparently it can be controlled via a mobile app and is much easier to program, tho I have never used it.

EDIT looks like MML is supplying the TC421 so the price is not to bad... tho looking at the instructions they supply on the MLL website, the wifi app online runs on android, the desktop app online runs on windows.

If you do decided to add the sunrise / sunset controller after you buy the MML panel you may need to work out how you are going to connect it inline, something to consider. I think if you buy the sunrise / sunset (tc420) from MML as a package they will cut and add the connecters to the power supply and cord coming out of the light.

From the looks of it the basic hand controller option from MML doesn't allow for a timer option or ramped dimming, the app does have a option for saving timers which is handy, tho the light wont fade up and down over time
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 28-11-18 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast