Thread: Stezza's 3*2*2 low tech tank

Default Stezza's 3*2*2 low tech tank

Hi guys,

Long time member but first post
    I have learn so much from this awesome community and i thought i should contribute.

Ive been in the hobby for awhile but I've mainly just kept it as my own personal escape from the daily grind.
    Only recently have i been sharing my interest with other like minded people and I am a bit surprised at the local popularity especially with natives.

Ive recently upgraded my main tank from a 3ft curved front, to a much deeper square 3ft*2ft*2ft. My amazon swords were getting way to big and i needed more space.

I am very lucky to live in northern NSW and have access to awesome creeks and very rich volcanic soil of Mount Warning. I especially like natives and shrimp.

Anyway here is the scape.

Lots of filter wool and local laterite -

First rock has lots of caves and crevices -

Extremely heavy 2nd rock, trying to create more caves -

Added local drift wood and fibreglass flyscreen behind rocks for retaining substrate -

Added Bunnings scoria pebbles, smaller driftwood for roots and Amazon swords -

The swords had runners so i prematurely cut and planted them (yellowish front left). Added java fern, java moss,Crypts and anubias (right side) from a different tank. I then added local iron rich river gravel, dinosaur dung, cycled media in a stocking, a few corys and a goldfish.

The tree trunk has moved as its zip tied to the rocks and is still buoyant, I think I prefer it on an angle.
    I also added a thin layer of smooth black pebbles.

Stocked with 12x Angelfish (Black/platinum), 20x corydoras (Panda/sterbai/peppered), 5x Clown loaches, 6x dwarf neon rainbows, 6x red-finned blue eyes, 8x spotted blue eyes and 4x ottocinclus catfish. Removed the goldfish.

Equipment is
    2x 3ft unbranded waterproof led's, a 1000/lph external canister, a 400/lph internal and a 200w digital display thermostat heater.

Thanks for listening
    Stezza
    Last edited by Stezza; 30-10-18 at 08:14 PM.

Looking good Stezza. Great progression of photos there. The tall tank suits those angels.

Looking forward to see updates as you go along.

Nice work!