Thread: Aquael Leddy Slim 32W Plant

Default Aquael Leddy Slim 32W Plant

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever used or heard of this light before?
    Would like some feedback for it because I can't seem to find any reviews online for it

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

Hey JC, I have not used this light. I have looked at the specs and its very low light ie for a 4 footer you will need at least 4 of them to make it medium/high light.

The spectrum of the plant light looks very good however.

Hth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Hey JC, I have not used this light. I have looked at the specs and its very low light ie for a 4 footer you will need at least 4 of them to make it medium/high light.

The spectrum of the plant light looks very good however.

Hth.
    Sweet, i'll give it a shot and run it on my 3ft bookshelf.

Thanks for your response Rebel

3ft bookshelf is a very shallow tank? If so a single light is excellent for low tech!

3ft bookshelf is a very shallow tank? If so a single light is excellent for low tech!
    Yeah, I was originally running an Up aqua pro. My Monte Carlo stunted after 3 months then started going white then brown. The guy at the fish store said i needed a stronger light.... :/

Initial good growth followed by stunting indicates either ferts or CO2. Not light.

I haven't heard of this Aquael leddy light either but it seems very expensive given it is low light. There are much better value lights out there that are way cheaper and higher light which can be dimmed. Check out the Chihiros range or the MML Chihiros range.

Initial good growth followed by stunting indicates either ferts or CO2. Not light.
    That's what I thought as well. The ADA soil is only 3-4 months old so i bumped the CO2 up but still no luck. I went to the fish store to get some ferts but ended up with a light instead

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    I haven't heard of this Aquael leddy light either but it seems very expensive given it is low light. There are much better value lights out there that are way cheaper and higher light which can be dimmed. Check out the Chihiros range or the MML Chihiros range.
    Well knowing me, I ended up purchasing it.... Should've had the courage to say no when I was in store. This is why retails love me as a customer, I can never say no

If its any consolation, I think the leddy may have a nicer spectrum compared to itger options? How much was the 3 foot leddy?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCHOO View Post
    That's what I thought as well. The ADA soil is only 3-4 months old so i bumped the CO2 up but still no luck. I went to the fish store to get some ferts but ended up with a light instead

Well knowing me, I ended up purchasing it.... Should've had the courage to say no when I was in store. This is why retails love me as a customer, I can never say no
    lol now that you have bought it you can give us a review and some photos. I'm always interested in various lights even though i am happy with mine

As Rebel said .. how much was it and where did you purchase it? From my quick look online i saw Majestic Aquariums sells the light but it is very expensive. But they are expensive in pretty much everything!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCHOO View Post
    This is why retails love me as a customer, I can never say no
    Username checks out...

If its any consolation, I think the leddy may have a nicer spectrum compared to itger options? How much was the 3 foot leddy?
    I got it for $200. You guys can check it out here https://imgur.com/a/tHRJKDG

lol now that you have bought it you can give us a review and some photos. I'm always interested in various lights even though i am happy with mine

As Rebel said .. how much was it and where did you purchase it? From my quick look online i saw Majestic Aquariums sells the light but it is very expensive. But they are expensive in pretty much everything!
    I got it from Aquaristic. It's only been on for 4 days but I'm already seeing new growth which is a good sign. Monte Carlo is also pearling heaps compared to when i was using the Z30

Username checks out...

HAHAHA! Brutal!

Haha just kidding re shoes.

Do you like the colour rendering of the light? It looks good to me.

The light looks good. Very nice and compact. It should be better than those generic eBay RGB aquarium lights sold.

Since your tank is shallow it should definitely be adequate.

lol Majestic Aquariums is always expensive. Charging almost $50 more for the same light!

Haha just kidding re shoes.

Do you like the colour rendering of the light? It looks good to me.
    Yeah, the colour that it projects is really good and the plants seem to love it so far. There's even back up LED in the unit as well in case one fails.

The light looks good. Very nice and compact. It should be better than those generic eBay RGB aquarium lights sold.

Since your tank is shallow it should definitely be adequate.

lol Majestic Aquariums is always expensive. Charging almost $50 more for the same light!
    Keen on how the plants will thrive under this light in the next month or so. Hopefully I can get that thick carpet already