Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lava re-Scape - 60x45x45

Awesome growth!

For shaping, my suggestion is to thin out the MC on the left quite a bit. It throws the balance out.

I use a single 6500K strip behind my tank and it's really good to see the light colour at the back to enhance depth. I think your tank will also benefit from this. FYI I only used a 50cm rigid strip from ebay which is cheep as chips.

Thanks Rebel, I heard you and got myself a LED stripe, some pics below of how it sort of looks (as for the pictures I used a flash, but looks similar). Below are some pics testing it

I have to trim the montecarlo again...hehe it's super thick.

No light:

With

Loving the textures and the mix of shapes!

Some old habitants:

And new ones! Best decision I've made in a looooong time! These guys suit the scape a 100%, or so I think so. They're just so much fun to watch, they have heaps of personality and go in and out of all crevices, between driftwood, plants, rocks...looking at everything with those intelligent eyes. Really happy with them they only had two in the shop but I'll be looking into getting another 2 or 3 more since they prefer to be in groups.

And that's it for now! I'm thinking on making a short video too, see how lazy I am...

Your tank is looking the goods man! Nice work.

Those are some awesome shots of your fish, especially the choc gouramis. Awesome!
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Love the detail provided. Looks great.

Really nice looking very established. I like the splash of red but I think you can further position it better to draw the eye.

Do the gouramis snack on the shrimp much?

Keep the updates up!

Looks great, I like the back light, also love the chocolate gouramis!

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    Your tank is looking the goods man! Nice work.

Those are some awesome shots of your fish, especially the choc gouramis. Awesome!
    Thanks mate! the gouramies made me buy some macro extension tubes for the camera (can't afford a proper macro lens haha). Can't wait to test it out

Really nice looking very established. I like the splash of red but I think you can further position it better to draw the eye.

Do the gouramis snack on the shrimp much?

Love the detail provided. Looks great.
    Thanks! it turned out to have heaps of stuff to look at, sometime seems too busy..hehe

Keep the updates up!
    Yeah, the red tones is a great point, would give the tank a sweet touch...problem is I barely have any soil lol Might've to come up with something :P

Nah, they haven't bothered the shrimps at all. Their mouth is actually quite tiny, I think the blackworms are borderline to what they can chew on. Obviously they will hunt down the babies, they eat anything and everything hehe

Looks great, I like the back light, also love the chocolate gouramis!
    Thanks! yeah I'm really liking the light too, it is also a nice addition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123