Thread: Aquaone Aquastyle 850 fluro problem

Default Aquaone Aquastyle 850 fluro problem

I have an older style Aquaone Aquastyle 850 setup with fluro lights.

One of the fluro's has started flickering and needs to be replaced but for the life of me I can't get the fluro out. I've tried searching everywhere but get nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated please

Have you unscrewed the plastic cover? If so just rotate the fluoro and it will come out when it snaps out of the little guides on the holder. Not sure how to explain it.

Yep have done that, can't turn the fluoro at all to take it out.

Hmm... I just can't remember how I did mine (before ripping it and replacing with LED)....

Hopefully someone else can help you.

I'm hoping it's not corroded preventing it from moving, only had the tank a short while and it wasn't in good condition when I got it

Despite a heap of condensation, mine never rusted which surprised me. Maybe if it was a marine tank?

I have no idea what mine was used for but I have noticed the paint in the metal body is peeling in a few places sigh

I used to have an AquaOne double T8 reflector unit and it had those fluro tubes. It was really difficult to change the tubes. I struggled to turn the tubes to release the lock. I was also worried about pushing too hard breaking the tubes and cutting myself. It took a lot of force and twisting but it eventually unlocked.

I don't think the housing is well made for the fluro reflectors. It shouldn't be difficult to do routine maintenance and change the tubes.

Just keep working on it. If it still won't budge then email AquaOne and see what they can do.

Let us know how you go.

Try running it for one hour to heat it and the try.

I never had any significant trouble, certainly not with condensation or corrosion . This is the one with the trickle filter at the back right? Saying that, I always thought it was cheaply made and the light was dreadful mainly due to the fact that the filter takes up most of the top. I got rid of mine and never looked back. I noticed that algae was really hard to remove from glass which doesn't seem to be a chore with higher quality glass. Sorry, doesn't really help. I personally would replace the top business for LED.

Thanks everyone, I looked up replacing with the led unit, way out of my price range sadly. I finally got the tube out using a thin screwdriver and leverage, everything is corroded and the paint under the flouro's is flaking of, not good

The trickle filter blocks light to the back. For a planted tank, its a little tricky at times.

If you are handy with DIY, then you can replace the fluoros with LED strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    The trickle filter blocks light to the back. For a planted tank, its a little tricky at times.

If you are handy with DIY, then you can replace the fluoros with LED strips.
    Now that sounds interesting, do you have some suggestions?

there are a number of things you could do.
    1 replace with t8 led tubes the tubes you would need to get would be 2ft. they do not make 75cm tubes and stagger them in the canopy. you could also buy the 240V t8 battens.
    2 use strip lighting using the 5730 or the 5630 led chips these give off decent light and run cooler than higher W diodes. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-0-5M-...AWa:rk:47:pf:0
    3 buy the RGB submersible led for Aquariums that use the 5050 Led chips completely waterproof and they run cool. you'll need at least 6 tubes to have light light and they aren't necessarily cheap. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RGB-Whit...:rk:1:pf:0&var
    4 buy the Chihiros led light and mount it on the metal backing in the canopy. get glass or Acrylic lids cut to use to stop water condensation these will fit on the rim of the tank. these lights run HOT so encasing them with the perspex cover will just cause the light unit to burn out. https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...7c512d05hH44Lg
    5 make my led tubes. alot of members here that have the AQUASTYLE tanks have used make my led tubes. the only thing I would do differently is not to encase them when running at full power if you say you have 3 tubes that are running at 25% then may be otherwise they will just get to hot. placing glass/ Acrylic covers will help with the condensation that way you could leave the tubes uncased. my 3 tubes i had were not encased, the moisture got to them.
    my 850 with one make my led tube.
    FTS.
    Last edited by Kyle; 02-11-18 at 10:16 AM.
    Althought individual fish do not cost much, do not think of fish as cheap little expendables.