Thread: Glass cabinet conversion

Default Glass cabinet conversion

Here is my attempt at a jungle! Itís just a cheap glass display cabinet siliconed and sealed with a cube at the bottom. I think I might have a go with a few splashing tetras. Filter is from a fluval chi. It has a monsoon misting system. The Moss seems happy. There are a few orchids in there so I will see if I get any flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikevet View Post
    Here is my attempt at a jungle! Itís just a cheap glass display cabinet siliconed and sealed with a cube at the bottom. I think I might have a go with a few splashing tetras. Filter is from a fluval chi. It has a monsoon misting system. The Moss seems happy. There are a few orchids in there so I will see if I get any flowers.
    I love it. I have been wondering how to incorporate bromeliads on top of a normal tank.

This thing is beautiful!

Probably looks better at night without the background light

Thats cool! nice work!

Where did you get the bromeliads from? You have some awesome looking plants there! Do you know what they are? I have found it very difficult to find smaller growing species up here in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by DTB View Post
    Where did you get the bromeliads from? You have some awesome looking plants there! Do you know what they are? I have found it very difficult to find smaller growing species up here in Sydney.
    Hi DTB,
    The small bromeliads are from Bunnings. I got them along with a number of smaller orchids. They come in pre packed plastic tubes. I’m not sure how big they will get but I will move them if they get big. There are a few vanilla vines in there, a green spider plant, some air plants( again from Bunnings) and a pothos cutting. There is also a creeping fig which all died back when I put it in there but it’s growing back now. The moss is Christmas or peacock straight out of the aquarium.
    There are also three smaller birds nest type ferns. I’m not sure how big they will get but I can shift them if they take over.
    Cheers

Mike

That's an excellent idea using a trophy cabinet. Should try some green tree frogs in there.
    Magnum: I know what your thinking and your right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikevet View Post
    Am I missing something? Images aren't showing????

I can't see the pics either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I can't see the pics either.
    Hi Rebel,

Not sure why you canít see the. Iím using tinypic which I never have before. Iíll try again!

i can see all the pics now! Must have been my browser earlier.

Very nice conversion!!! Love the design of this.