Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Random Collection of Ideas

Hotdamn those are great buys! Hope that clamp is good.

They’re only the cheaper Quick Grips, but whichever way you skin the cat, at $3 per clamp, they’re always handy to have an excess lying around!

Well my heater housing pressure tested fine today, full town water pressure and it held no issues. However very shortly after I found myself back at square one again...

Deja vu? Much.

I realised not long after I fixed the orientation of the outlets that in doing so, the slip joint I used, encroached too far into the space I needed for my chosen clamp to mount the housing to the stand.

The OD of the 40mm pipe is roughly 48.5mm and the clamp type I’m using needs at least 30mm of pipe length. The OD of the joiner piece is around 55mm, outside the 48-51mm the clamp will fit. I nearly got lucky but came up 5mm short...the real estate I had left on the 40mm pipe was only 25mm.

My second housing has plenty of room to work with again...but I also now have a perfectly good unused, but unusable to me, inline heater housing. Bitterly disappointed.

Reversed the setup on the stand to make measuring and running the filter lines as painless as possible.

Then after testing the new heater housing this afternoon, put it together, and fortunately it looks like a good fit.

The housing will come out again now for painting and will be reinstalled when the clamp for it arrives. But I’m finally good to start cycling the tank. Progress.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123