Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: IAL Source

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Destruction View Post
    I've also bought mine from bettawan, no issues at all.

    My shrimps like banana leaves, guava leaves and mango leaves. Their favourite seems to be banana
    Interesting that your shrimp prefer the banana leaves. What's your process for feeding them? Do you start with fresh or dry leaves?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    Fantastic! Have you had any trouble with customs etc?
    No, I have not had any issues with customs. I didn't want to do this unlawfully and when I did my research, this came up and it seemed legit.

    http://www.perthcichlid.com.au/forum...howtopic=25907

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jc12 View Post
    No, I have not had any issues with customs. I didn't want to do this unlawfully and when I did my research, this came up and it seemed legit.

    http://www.perthcichlid.com.au/forum...howtopic=25907
    Thanks mate, that's a great thread.

    Do you order the high or low grade leaves? I think low grade seem fine, I often cut mine up before putting them in my tanks anyway.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    Thanks mate, that's a great thread.

    Do you order the high or low grade leaves? I think low grade seem fine, I often cut mine up before putting them in my tanks anyway.
    So far I have only used the large premium ones. I like preeetttiii leaves in preetttiii tanks. I usually remove the 'spine' of the leaves after it starts to disintegrated/eaten by the shrimps/fish.

    I just saw they have another product call Indian almond bark. Hmmm... I'll be keen to try that out next time I place an order. @indir... the bark seems great for breeding/fry/blackwater tanks.

  5. #20

    Default

    +1 on bettawan No issues with customs. I dont think the shrimp will care if your low grade leaves have holes in them.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Coast - Narara
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Ahhhhh. I remember buying from them many years ago........

    I wonder how many leaves you get in 100g?
    Whatever

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    780

    Default

    I just bought 400grams... Will report back.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,445

    Default

    Yo... I have some, posted them up for sale earlier on (do a search) but no one wanted them.... PM me

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    13,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    I just bought 400grams... Will report back.
    Do you mean the 400 pack?
    http://www.bettawan.com/catalog/item...64/8443280.htm

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I ordered the low grade leaves. To Grubs' point, the shrimp shouldn't mind
    http://m.bettawan.com/catalog/item/7879570/8455200.htm

    Edit: have just read that 400grams = approx 200 leaves.
    Last edited by sweefu; 11-09-18 at 06:45 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    13,218

    Default

    @Sweefu, That's a great deal. Do you feed these to all your shrimp or the CRS only?

    I was looking at the premium leaves... Didn't even notice the option that you posted.

    Thanks JC12 for the great tip!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    @Sweefu, That's a great deal. Do you feed these to all your shrimp or the CRS only?

    I was looking at the premium leaves... Didn't even notice the option that you posted.

    Thanks JC12 for the great tip!
    All the shrimp always have access to IAL great for biofilm develeopment and growth of other micro stuff (technical term) for the shrimp to eat

    Agreed, thanks for the great tip JC12

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Sheesh man, Mango leaves, Guava leaves??? Where do you get those? You have a tree?

    These shrimp certainly have rare and exotic taste.
    Benefits of having asian parents, you end up with a bunch of fruit trees!

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    Interesting that your shrimp prefer the banana leaves. What's your process for feeding them? Do you start with fresh or dry leaves?
    If I can find dry leaves I go with them, otherwise I pick some fresh leaves, leave them in a cotton bag in my room for a couple of months till they're dry

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Coast - Narara
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    I learned something that I had no idea about from this video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PXk_M7SUI
    Whatever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •