Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about current stocking - 20 Litres

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVader View Post
    I have ten, and three otos because it's only a small tank. I think 10 more would overload it, sadly.
    Gutted. Try setting up an autofeeder right in the front of the tank twice a day and see whether you can entice them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Gutted. Try setting up an autofeeder right in the front of the tank twice a day and see whether you can entice them out.
    OR.. sell/donate them and restock with something else
    As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVader View Post
    OR.. sell/donate them and restock with something else
    Try Rasbora maculata. Way more inquisitive.

You can add dithers like a couple of endler males also.

Try Rasbora maculata. Way more inquisitive.

You can add dithers like a couple of endler males also.
    I was thinking galaxy rasbora or sparkling gouramis (or both if they'll get along). I do like endlers though so that's definitely also an option.

My main goal is to get Hastatus but I think they are also quote timid so was considering a mix of hastatus and pygmaeus. And now I feel like I've hijacked this thread, sorry OP!
    As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

no worries about the hijack, lol

the 7 embers are settling in slowly i guess. They are still quite shy and skittish. Hopefully it will get better.

I'm still contemplating whether to add a few more to make it 9 or 10 fishes. Do you it will help with their skittishness?

Ohhh I love your "tree" that's super pretty!!

Add a few bold fish such as a couple of endler males. Dither fish make others bold. Feed in the front only with filters off.

Add a few bold fish such as a couple of endler males. Dither fish make others bold. Feed in the front only with filters off.
    Hmm, that was what I was thinking about too. Bio-load wise, do you it would be ok if I added 3 Male endlers (the smallest kind possible)? Any recommendations on which kind of endlers?

Current stocking is 7 Embers and 4 Darwin Algae Shrimp, and I normally do about 20% weekly water change

Yes a 3some sausage fest is fine. Youll need to go for 50% weekly.

As to the type, ask Slin1977 on the forum for small males. He breeds em.

I have plenty of pure tigers and could at a pinch bring you some next week when I sydney next week.

Having dither fish (Endlers) settled my cardinal tetras. They are bold and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by imba View Post
    Hmm, that was what I was thinking about too. Bio-load wise, do you it would be ok if I added 3 Male endlers (the smallest kind possible)? Any recommendations on which kind of endlers?
    I personally like blue star endlers. Sometimes a larger shoal of one species is better like my 6 thread fins were always hiding but once there was eight they were ok so you could also just get more embers. Different fish like different conditions. When I bought my pygmy copies there was a guy in the shop saying that his are always hiding which mine never do. In your case the light is very bright which a lot of fish are not fond of.

Yes a 3some sausage fest is fine. Youll need to go for 50% weekly.

As to the type, ask Slin1977 on the forum for small males. He breeds em.

I have plenty of pure tigers and could at a pinch bring you some next week when I sydney next week.
    Wow really? Thanks! interested in that offer. Where abouts will you be? I'll PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by imba View Post
    Wow really? Thanks! interested in that offer. Where abouts will you be? I'll PM you.
    PMed back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12