Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nano iwagumi - "Empire of Stone"

Default Nano iwagumi - "Empire of Stone"

Dimensions: 36x22x26cm (ADA Mini M tank)
    Lighting: ADA Aquasky Moon 361 (connected on LED controler)
    Filtration: Oase FiltroSmart Thermo 100 (Reduced flow to about 250l/h)
    CO2: 2kg cylinder, Neo Diffuser, 1 bps
    Other gadgets: aFAN Pro cooling fan, Twinstar M3
    Substrate: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia Light, quartz sand
    Hardscape: Ancient Stones
    Fertilization: PPS-Pro method, Easy carbo
    Plants: Fissidens sp. 'Dwarf', Bucephalandra sp. 'Mini Catherinae', Eleocharis acicularis, Eleocharis parvula, Riccardia graeffei, Fissidens sp. 'Philippines', Helanthium tenellum 'Green'

New scape in ADA Mini M tank. In this scape I will try to not cover the stones too much with the moss, to highlight the beauty of the stone.

Hardscape:

The whole structure is in one piece, everything is bonded with epoxy putty (and to the egg crate) :

This epoxy is great for this purpose as it gets hardened whitin a few minutes. It is two component glue and it has to be knead before application:

Next step is moss aplication, dry start for about 2-3 weeks.

Planting:

Riccardia was applied to the rocks (yogurt method):

After 2 weeks of dry start other plants are planted. Eleocharis accicularis at the back:

Helanthium tenellum 'Green' in the middle (just behind the rocks):

After planting the tank was flooded. Riccardia seems to have attached well during the dry start:

I have installed small pump just to have some water movement for distribution of CO2 and still not too much flow that can blow out Riccardia. I will keep it for a week or so and then Filter will be turned on. I am going to use Oase FiltroSmart thermo 100 which has declarated max. flow of 600 l/h. Kinda overkill for this size tank but I will use throttle valve so it should work well.

Day 1:

Last edited by Rastaman; 12-06-18 at 05:18 AM. Reason: specs

You sir are talented!

Is this stone Basalt?

Exceptional! Thank you for sharing.

Superb stuff as expected from you! Knowing you, you should be able to make the deadline for AGA 2018?

Did you break that stone yourself?? Manten Vs Sieryu?

Very cool, love the details on the stone and the fact you have bonded it all together and attached to the egg create! Great Idea tanks for sharing!

Are the details on the stone natural or did you manually add some details? Look forward to seeing it grown in!

Why even bother adding plants and water? Thats amazing! Makes me want to lean to the right in sympathy

Just echoing what everyone else is saying. Looks incredible man. Amazing hardscape

I've seen the yogurt method before but, I don't really understand the 'science' behind it, could anyone explain how it works and what's needed?

That rock is stunning, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I've seen the yogurt method before but, I don't really understand the 'science' behind it, could anyone explain how it works and what's needed?

That rock is stunning, great job!
    Rastaman (original poster) has a tutorial on his website, check it out here - https://bolbiaquarium.blogspot.com/2...e-yoghurt.html

Top notch looking layout! Look forward to seeing it progress.

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Destruction View Post
    You sir are talented!

Is this stone Basalt?
    I am not sure what type of stone is this. Trade name is Ancient stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Superb stuff as expected from you! Knowing you, you should be able to make the deadline for AGA 2018?

Did you break that stone yourself?? Manten Vs Sieryu?
    I think 3 months will be enough. Yes, some stones are broken by hammer. Ancient stone.

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    Very cool, love the details on the stone and the fact you have bonded it all together and attached to the egg create! Great Idea tanks for sharing!

Are the details on the stone natural or did you manually add some details? Look forward to seeing it grown in!
    Most are natural, you can see plates - they are glued like that purposely.

A small addition of color and texture - Bucephalandra sp. 'Mini Catherinae' :

3 days after the flood I measured the ammonia - It is about 1,5ppm. I changed 50% water and planning to do this schedule for the next 3-4 weeks:

All equipment installed:

Specs added to the first post!

Rastaman (original poster) has a tutorial on his website, check it out here - https://bolbiaquarium.blogspot.com/2...e-yoghurt.html
    Got it, thanks!

Wow, I've never seen this before! Crazy! Does it work with any sort of moss? And can you paint the mixture on driftwood as well?
    As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast