Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Luked's 4x2x2 project

New flow im trialing is filter output facing front of tank (still located back right of tank)
    wavemake right below it facing the same direction.

Flow seems to be going well, though force of it has shifted the sand in front right corner which is an unwanted trait lol.

And this is now leading me back to Rebels idea of using a spray bar and having the wave maker underneath facing the same direction.
    though this removes my want to have less equipment in the open side of the tank.

So may move canister to left side as mentioned, though this requires more work than I wish to do haha

All the best with the flow luke, I'm rethinking mine (and hence, haven't bought any) due to the issues you're having. Deciding to decide on that last hahaha

You can check the flow by the sway of the plants or just with a piece of thread tied to a pen etc. I reckon you already have all the equipment needed without having to buy more. Just try and combos out. Take your time. And post us some pics or videos even.

I think I may have found a sweet spot with current gear, lights have been redirected also to avoid the algae build up on sand like you mentioned also rebel.
    co2 is being turned up still too, so hope it all works out.

I also stripped out about 3/4 of my needle leaf java fern, didnt realise how much I actually had.
    For sale if anyone needs any lol.

Also contemplating a shallow tank about 30cm high to put under this tank and use as a grow out tank for plants and shrimp. will just use a small power head for flow and then look at getting a cheap but powerful light onto the tank.
    Will also like to push co2 through that tank too.

Also Rebel, see the small handful of christmas moss in second photo (bottom right)?
    Im pretty sure thats how much you sold me many moons ago, its growing amazing.

Looking good dude!

Once it starts growing, it will go crazy!

Besides its Christmas time anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Looking good dude!

Once it starts growing, it will go crazy!

Besides its Christmas time anyways.
    I think I got some of the needle leaf off you also?
    Cant remember lol, but everything has gone bananas.

Hoping the new stems that went in grow just as great

Wow! is looking amazing, you'd need some bigger fish to fill it up! xD

I might've missed it but, are you going to add any sort of frosted paper to the back of the tank?

Great job man, jealous!

For the back of tanks I have used a thin particle board from Bunnings. Easily cut to side. Its got a white side. A tin of spray black paint for about $3.50 and you can try both black and white to see which you like the better.

Quote Originally Posted by luked View Post
    I also stripped out about 3/4 of my needle leaf java fern, didnt realise how much I actually had.
    For sale if anyone needs any lol.]

Ooooo, ide love some. I haven't been able to find it for sale in Australia anywhere.
    How much for some needle leaf java with postage to SA?

I only require a few rhizomes/clumps, say 2-4 but depending on price I could always take some more off ya.
    Last edited by FishyFellow; 05-12-18 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFellow View Post
    Ooooo, ide love some. I haven't been able to find it for sale in Australia anywhere.
    How much for some needle leaf java with postage to SA?

I only require a few rhizomes/clumps, say 2-4 but depending on price I could always take some more off ya.
    Hey mate, flick me a PM and we will chat

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Wow! is looking amazing, you'd need some bigger fish to fill it up! xD

I might've missed it but, are you going to add any sort of frosted paper to the back of the tank?

Great job man, jealous!
    I bought 3 pearl gourami's to grow into the tank lol, hopefully they fill it out once fully grown lol.

Yep still thinking about frosting the glass! I actually had a genius idea, but need to see how transparent first:
    https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...specifications

I used this in mine, make sure you order enough to cover your tank, counting for possible mistakes too (I made a few..haha):

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FC79-New...d=162716255454

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I used this in mine, make sure you order enough to cover your tank, counting for possible mistakes too (I made a few..haha):

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FC79-New...d=162716255454
    That's the same stuff as bunnings but cheaper, bunnings is 500m away from me so I'd rather pay $20 to get it right away lol. The role is more than enough for my tank too.perfect width 1.2m then just need to trim height lol. Should have enough to do 4, 4x2x2 tanks. So four attempts haha

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast