Thread: website not secure?

Default website not secure?

Ok, I know nothing about computers. When I have logged in the last few weeks I keep getting the thread message. Cause for concern?

Nah man. This is not a secured site. Just make sure you don't use the same password you use for other sites.

can you post a picture/ screenshot of the message you are getting?

what virus scanner are you using?

I am not getting anything pop up on my pc so you might have picked up a bug/ virus.

Incapable of doing screenshot. It comes up in address bar when I want to log in. I use a mac.
    Happy with Rebel's explanation, thanks!

Don't stress happyfins. It just means the site does not use a security certificate. No big deal really as no transactions, etc but as above dont use a password that you may use elsewhere to be safe
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

For the record, for Macz, use Shift-Command-4 to take a 'snip' or screen shot of a defined area using the cross hair to draw a rectangle.... I reckon on the mac, taking screenshots is easier than Windoze which requires windows-type 'snip'.

off topic. how are macs compared to microsofty windows10?

I hate win 10 coz it does nothing but process every chance it gets. Does Apple Macintosh do the same?

It's hard to compare them like that Colin_T.

I love how the Macs render fonts and colours in general. I have an old Macbookpro which beats my new Dell laptop in that regard.

What do you mean by process? Disc access? I haven't found that. Win10 is very fast and probably faster than Mac OSx in many tasks. Key is to have a SSD for your operating system at least. Both my computers have 8gb ram and my desktop has 16gb.

Check that your virus scanner is not hogging or clashing etc. Otherwise you may have ransomware or a miner that's using your processing cycles.

I get this result every now & then .
    [IMG][/IMG]