Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simplicity

Hey Slin no need to follow the 11-13 rule for Dutch I reckon. If you can make it look good thats all that matter.

I’m enjoying the tank none the less. Still got me intrigued! Like how I removed a take away container and did not make a real dent into the picture.

Haha tru but compare that takeaway container to the size of the tank 3x2x2 is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Haha tru but compare that takeaway container to the size of the tank 3x2x2 is it?
    Will have to do a tank walk through at some stage.. you are close with your estimate, tank is 900 x 600 x 480 .
    So pulled out the CO2 diffuser (making too much noise, sounded like crickets chirping) stuck it in the John Guest port on the return pump horizontal pipe. Lots of back pressure from the Eheim but seems to work a treat. The beetle bubble counter is still going nuts. 6-10 bubbles a second
    https://imgur.com/a/wsaAlrI

Nice. Yes you will need a ton of CO2 for this tank. I think you can submit to Dutch category in AGA if you are keen; Although maybe need to fix species numbers but who cares! Just submit anyways.

That is some serious plumbing for a planted tank......not planning on any nasty dirt thingys aye!

Nice. Yes you will need a ton of CO2 for this tank. I think you can submit to Dutch category in AGA if you are keen; Although maybe need to fix species numbers but who cares! Just submit anyways.
    Cheers mate, Got a long green thumb apprenticeship ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyrae View Post
    That is some serious plumbing for a planted tank......not planning on any nasty dirt thingys aye!
    First the water negotiates the beananimal syphon/ durso, then I catch the nastys in my sock , lol

Alright, ran out of CO2 yesterday.
    Think there was a leak.
    Trim today and water change - enjoy the photo
    https://imgur.com/a/tQgSIf7

Nice growth so far!

Did you find the leak?

Bit of die off here and there, if I get my CO2 sorted this week should be ready to take this tank to
    The next notch up, looking forward to making stuff grow , canít wait to chuck fish in soon,

Any ideas to stock the tank??? Cheers

Hmm you have heaps of options given good size.

Are you thinking native vs others? Schooling vs feature fish? Rare vs common? Will you have shrimp in the tank?

Hmm you have heaps of options given good size.

Are you thinking native vs others? Schooling vs feature fish? Rare vs common? Will you have shrimp in the tank?
    Ok so big school cardinals is a must , then some other type of tetra perhaps black? I do indeed love rummy nose as they swim immaculately and eat ground cover but still up there on the wish list.

In fact any of my guppy / Endlers deserve a spot in this tank as they also look rather nice these days from the laboratory breeding programs they have been subjected to. Nice to see the girls looking stunning and the boys on point! Win win except when your prize ends up in the weir.

Fishrock has cardinals for $3 as you may know.... good quality as well. Yeah the rummys used to eat my AR mini and it never grew. Also ate my pogo helferi too... Ba$$#%@s..

How about black skirt tetra?

Or Burmese rummy nose....:P

Couple of RAMS or apistos?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast