Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Temperature/heater controllers

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NSW, Sydney
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Jaycar sells plastic cases which are great for holding the STC-100 inside with part of the cables. I use this when i did my DIY STC-1000 build a long time ago
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I bought an Ink Bird ITC-308 (jc12, if only you messaged me a couple of hours earlier :-) ). I'll let everyone know how I go.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    12,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    I bought an Ink Bird ITC-308 (jc12, if only you messaged me a couple of hours earlier :-) ). I'll let everyone know how I go.
    What was the damage? I don't think anyone else in the forum uses an Inkbird.

  4. #19

    Default

    I also bought the inkbird ITC-308. It cost $50. I bought one because I am running a temperate tank. Living in Tassie temps can get cold even in the house. Lowest temp last winter in my loungeroom was 4 degrees C when I didn't have the heater running 24/7. It is working good so far. I have it set to 16 C at the moment but I haven't seen it go below 20 C yet.

  5. #20

    Default

    I've got two ITC-308 in a salt and freshwater tank. Been using them for 6 months so far without any issues. Just remember to calibrate first

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy29 View Post
    I've got two ITC-308 in a salt and freshwater tank. Been using them for 6 months so far without any issues. Just remember to calibrate first
    Been running it for a couple of months. No issues at all. keeps the tank within .3 of a degree.

    Calibrate? What do you mean calibrate?

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    Been running it for a couple of months. No issues at all. keeps the tank within .3 of a degree.

    Calibrate? What do you mean calibrate?
    its always recommended to calibrate any temperature sensor to ensure its reading the correct values. Especially with these as they control the heating.

    One of mine was off by 1.0 and the other 0.4 degrees

    I just put it in ice water then adjusted the Temperature calibration setting so it reads zero (You can find more details here http://spec-tanks.com/inkbird-itc-30...roller-review/

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Oh, thanks Andy29. I obviously missed that as I was too eager to start using it. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •