Thread: Green Element Plus - All on one fertiliser on steroids

Default Green Element Plus - All on one fertiliser on steroids

Dear AL,

I have been working on a Green Element all in one fertiliser which has included Glutaraldyhyde (similar to Seachem Excel) for people who are running pure low tech tanks. This has increased algaecidal properties and also helps plants assimilate carbon in low carbon low tech environments.

I am trying to gauge some interest at this stage before going into full production.

My experiments have been run on my display (high tech) and my yellow shrimp tank (low tech) which have done quite well.

Pictures and pricing to be announced this week.

Just wanted to say great idea with the glut!

Rebel for president!
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

I would give it a go. It would suit my set up perfectly.
    Whatever

I'm using Green Element with the pump pack (and very happy with it!) , but have to pour out and measure excel like a pleb! Make this a single step and I'm on a winner! The only issue I forsee is the dose of glut - determined by the ratio to ferts to glut. I prefer to dose more glut than the label suggests for "standard", so a one-size-fits-all fert-glut ratio may still require me to supplement with additional glut. Also, I just sold a kidney to pay for a 2L bottle of excel - so I'm set for a while.

However, I think that the army of "normal" planted tank enthusiasts out there (in this particular scenario, I include myself as "normal"), that are overwhelmed by the LFS' shelves of single element fert additives, would see and gain great value in the standard fert+glut dose all-in-one pump option. These would walk themselves off the shelves if President Rebel added his face to the label (eg Paul Newman sauce).

Finally in production if anyone is interested.

Thanks @Insipid.

Yay! Finally
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Details? Price, composition etc? Also, can it be altered to say, reduce nitrates?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    Details? Price, composition etc? Also, can it be altered to say, reduce nitrates?
    I will do some pics/prices soonish.

It can be customised if you wish (send me PM) but I included nitrates because it's so essential to plant growth.

Capture by Reb El, on Flickr

New batch available now.

Hit me up if you are keen.