Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co2 System Issues

Default Co2 System Issues

hi yall,

wondering if anyone can give me guidance on this subject which is still new to me! and thats hi-tech Co2 systems.

ive recently acquired a pretty solid setup for my 2 tanks, ill be splitting the co2 so that i can do away with the seachem excel!

having afew issues with setup though. namely being...

1. just swapped out the mykegonlegs bottle for a new full one, problem is when its connected to the regulator, the regulators pressure gauge drops to zero pressure...

2. solenoid is noisy as balls, its making a loud buzzing sound while its on. don't think thats normal.

all and any assistance/advice is more than welcome!

would even be willing to pay someone to have a look at it for me, better than travelling to Beaconsfield haha

Quote Originally Posted by davyboi View Post
    hi yall,

problem is when its connected to the regulator, the regulators pressure gauge drops to zero pressure...
    I have the same "problem". Only one of the gauges sits on 0. It didn't do that until about a month ago. Other than that it all seems to work. I decided to do nothing. But very interested in replies to davyboi.

Quote Originally Posted by davyboi View Post
    1. just swapped out the mykegonlegs bottle for a new full one, problem is when its connected to the regulator, the regulators pressure gauge drops to zero pressure...
    Does the Regulator have 2 guages (low and high pressure)? Is it the low pressure gauge that reads zero with a full and open tank?
    There should be a twistable knob somwhere on the regulator that increases/decreases the pressure of what actually leaves the tank, maybe have a play with that.
    Is there much gas coming out of the hose or whatever you have connected to the output?

hey Muzz,

the Co2 Cylinder is still full to the brim, just got it from the brewery. both regulator gauges hit zero once i plugged it in so it was quite perplexing.
    i've had a play with the needle valve too and neither of the gauges are moving. nor is there any gas coming out through the system!

Any chance the regulator is blocked in the first stem? Something could have gotten caught in there depending on how and where it was stored. Have a search around for cleaning regulators perhaps

Obvious one... but is the bottle open? Double check the bottle has some gas in it (open the bottle with no reg attached... do this outside) I guess if the bottle is flowing without any reg attached then there is some problem with the regulator.

bottles definitely on the full side considering the pressure and 'kssshhh' that comes out when you open it up haha

Have you ever used any plumbing tape on this system? Some could have broken off and got stuck.

Otherwise maybe solenoid is stuck closed? If possible take it apart and check spring etc.

Any pics??

i'll get pics tonight. the systems almost brand new so im at a loss

If its brand new, unless its a simple solution, I reckon warranty job.

Regulator not connected to bottle properly therefore no gas is going through to regulator

Perhaps the reg had a plastic cap on the inlet stem to keep dust out during shipping that you didn't see and remove.

The gauges should show pressure even if the solenoid was fubar. Soapy water to test for leaks might help too... but I'd think youd hear gas pissing out if it was just leaking.

@grubs, mine came with a plastic cap when I did a swap and go but I don't think you can fit the reg on it while the cap is on. Hopefully that's the solution tho.

will give it a once over again tonight, if i cant get it working i'm headed over to Aquaristic for them to fix for me

thanks for the input though yall

btw which brand is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast