Thread: New pendant light from Hinterfield.

Default New pendant light from Hinterfield.

Interesting indeed! These guys always come out with good lights at very affordable prices.

The app has so many adjustments available. You can customise everything from the looks of it. It even has the wavelength graph in there

At 130w it is extremely powerful.

Will be interesting to see what they price it at and the release date.

Yeah at 130w (supposedly), I am curious about
    1. Price
    2. Fan noise
    3. Longevity (working temperature)

This is a strong Kessil competitor.

Price is here. $250. Hmm maybe bordering on too much? Also 130W is almost too much without a height adjustable bracket.

http://www.hinterfeld.com/hinterfeld...ed-light-130w/

AI prime could be had for about $330 with bracket... Although AI prime is competing in a lower light category.
    https://www.aquaristiconline.com.au/...reshwaterblack

A shame that it's so bulky and ugly

$250 is stupid expensive! They used to be cheap.

At that price it pretty much limits this light to small tanks 2ft and smaller. Any bigger than that then your better off with the Chihiros.

They claim this light is still good for 80cm and lower It would be interesting to test out that claim. However who would grow plants in a tank that tall?

This is basically their version of the Kessil leds however at a cheaper price and bulky look.

The light unit itself doesn't look to bad, the stand / arm tho isnt great, guess there are other ways to hang this style of light, I wonder what spread it would have.

I cant see any need for 130w in a single led fixture, relating to a planted tank, although the controls look like fun...
    In fact, I am struggling to get algae and plant growth under control with merely 40 watts through a Cree CBX3590 in a 2x2x2.
    Last edited by danie1; 07-03-18 at 12:43 AM.

Yeah, in a way why would you take a huge risk for $250 when you know you will get a top notch product from AI prime/ Kessil A160 for a little more. Or even Makemyled pendant (still untested in the community tho) which will have better customer service.

They really should bring in a 50W light (slightly smaller also) and charge $125. That would definitely sell.

At $250 that is a bit too much. Hinterfeld have always had cheap led lights. So this is way out of the norm from them.

Kessil have always been expensive. Build quality and the brand name so you know it will always be expensive.

I think it should have been priced at $180. It looks good though, 130w, full app control and cheaper alternative to a kessil.

It's not even out yet. But nonetheless a competitor to the kessil leds.

They suck you in with the light demonstration over a small tank. I wonder if it has just as much power over a 5X2X2? in order to really see what this thing is capable of they need to display if over a Larger volume of water. yes for a larger tank more would be required but for the price its gotta have the punch. For smaller tanks in my opinion it's not worth the money there are plenty of other brands with wifi and colour control that would suite for half the price tag.

market this light over a large volume of water/heavily planted tank. Then decided whether the price tag is worth it.
    wifi capabilities and colour adjustment is all well and fine, but if it doesn't have the penetration then its pretty much useless. (regarding large volume of water)

We know that the Kessil has the spectrum and penetration for plants, it's just the price tag is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-03-18 at 09:44 AM.
    Althought individual fish do not cost much, do not think of fish as cheap little expendables.