Thread: LEDs with fade on and fade off function

Default LEDs with fade on and fade off function

Guys, been doing some research on LEDs that are controllable, or at least offer a fade on and fade off function. Though I've found a few, a lot of those are not available in Australia.

Can anyone who owns a light like this please give the details.

I've also found "controllers" that do this but there are very few details on the setup requirements etc and if indeed they are Australian compliant. Last thing I need is a fire and the insurance company knocks back the claim due to non-compliance.

Starting from the highest end
    LupyLED
    Radion fresh water
    Kessil tuna sun
    Makemyled
    Chihiros (will need slight DIY)

I don't know what you mean by Australian compliance? [ This might be a thread for another long discussion :P ]

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Starting from the highest end
    LupyLED
    Radion fresh water
    Kessil tuna sun
    Makemyled
    Chihiros (will need slight DIY)

I don't know what you mean by Australian compliance? [ This might be a thread for another long discussion :P ]
    The Planted Plus 24/7 is an all in one unit that is sold in America but is not compliant here. There is no RCM or SAA number. Conversely, there are quite a few LED controllers on the market that sit between the transformer and the LED that do the same thing, but again, no number.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Inte....c100005.m1851

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NICREW-S...4383.l4275.c10

Those are two examples.

I see. All my suggestions will be fine apart from the Chihiros in that case.

There is another good one called AI prime fresh water which is a great light actually.

Wait, donyou already have lights and wanting to dim them??

Wait, donyou already have lights and wanting to dim them??
    I do, but I was looking at replacing those with the 24/7 type of light to get the added features. Might be an expensive exercise, hence me looking into the controllers. Found this one also, but again, no compliance info:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19095003...m=190950031444

Keen to see whether you find such a compliant controller. Please post the link if you do.

Keen to see whether you find such a compliant controller. Please post the link if you do.
    Will do. Would be interested to hear from others with this setup if they have it.

I use a TC420 (same thing you linked above via ebay) works fine for most LED lights as far as i am aware, tho no idea about being "compliant". I am currently using it to dim Chihiros LEDs (60cm and 45cm A-series Plus), here is a photo of how to "wire it up" without the need to cut your LED cables, will need a spare male and female 2.1mm (I think) DC plug

Here is a quick video I took some time back showing the light fading out over 1 hour (sped up to 1 minute)

Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 02-03-18 at 07:56 PM.

The tc420 goes on the low voltage side of the transformer so very low risk. Compliance as in 240 volt equipment is not applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by mundi View Post
    The tc420 goes on the low voltage side of the transformer so very low risk. Compliance as in 240 volt equipment is not applicable.
    Hey Mundi, technically it's VERY low voltage. Low voltage apparently means less than 1000V.