Thread: Removing solenoid from regulator

Default Removing solenoid from regulator

Hi guys, I want to remove the solenoid from this up aqua regulator, I have no tools or vice etc (tho I could probably get someone to help).

Can I just remove the black Solenoid Coil and power cord leaving the Solenoid Valve exposed, will that cause any issues? Will this just leave the valve stuck in the off position? I dont really want to try crack the needle valve / solenoid off the body of the regulator, it looks like its well adhered together and as I said no tools. Thanks!

So I found these instructions and it seems ive removed the pin, hope I dont need to put it back as I cant recall how it went in... tested and seems all good...
    Halo,
    You can convert it from Auto to Manual like what you say. I believe you know what you are saying when you say solenoid.

You are refering to the Solenoid that control the on/off of the CO2 flow. That component made up of 2 parts, Solenoid Valve and the Solenoid Coil (the black thing which is connected to the power supply).

To convert it to Maunal, meaning making it ON all the time,

1. Turn off the CO2 main valve. Release the CO2 in the Solenoid as well.
    2. remove the solenoid coil from the solenoid valve. It is usually secure with single screw and a C-clip. Try to figure out how to remove it, it is very simple...and don't worry, you wont spoilt anything. (remember to turn off the CO2 first before you do anything)

3. Then you will see a shaft connected to the solenoid valve, That is actually a hollow shaft that house the solenoid pin/plunger.

4. You probably need to unscrew 4 screw, then you will see the plunger/pin with spring attached to it. Remove the pin and save keep it somewhere.

5. Now fix everything back without the pin and the spring. You solenoid vale will now be ALWAYS ON. and CO2 will flow 24/7.
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 13-02-18 at 12:12 AM.

That's pretty cool I reckon. Definitely easier than breaking that loctite. I have tried and got told that I need to eat more weetbix(R).