Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: 5ft bookshelf aquarium - plan/build

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    Awesome, cheers. Will check them out after work one day. As you can see from my join date I was one of the very early members here. Haven't posted for years as my tank has been sitting empty for 5-6 years since we built this house. Have just been putting it off until I was really motivated to get something going again. I want to do a reasonably easy to maintain, little to no plants, no CO2 tank. Have just ordered a custom 3D background for my aquarium and will be filled with driftwood, almond leaves, tannins and tetras of some sort (kept ember and gold tetras in my previous tank).
    Nice, I agree go with something easy to maintain, low tech, maybe some slow growing plants, I like the idea you are going towards, sounds moody!

No photos to share as BBA has well and truely over run the tank... but my loaches have been breeding! I never spotted any fry / tiny loaches but I have about 4 or so "juvies" getting about the tank which is exciting to see. I did nothing special, I stopped trying to force feed them (no more gel rocks etc) I think the abundance of algae makes them happy and provides enough food without feeding.

Omg! Epic!! This must rare.

Have you found other instances online of the hillstream loaches breeding?
    Last edited by Rebel; 31-05-19 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Omg! Epic!! This must rare.

Have you found other instances online of the hillstream loaches breeding?
    Cheers, yah not common, I have seen a few online journals where people has been successful with loaches breading, but not common at all, hopefully they keep going... tho I was considering breaking down the tank and rescaping but I think I will leave it for awhile.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930