Thread: Looking for suggestions

Default Looking for suggestions

So I decided to redo my tank..... Again......

I pulled out the big piece of wood and redid that first. I spread out the Fissiden as I would guess that I have maybe 6-8 times what I started with originally and only used a little bit of moss. I love moss but it just grows too goddam fast. I will also keep a little moss down low as the fry love it.

I will add in one clump of NLJF somewhere but no more than that.

I obviously still need to arrange all of the wood and Anubias Nana/Nangi around the front and right hand side but I am having trouble deciding on other plants. I have a few Crypt Balansae at the back and a Crinum Calamistratum.

So that's all I have to work with at the moment. I will place those first and then see what needs to be filled in.

I am planning on some other Anubias. Maybe a bit of Coffefolia and a couple of taller ones if I can ever find them anywhere.

I need something for the left hand side but was considering moving the Crinum to there.

I also need something for the back. I was thinking a sword of some description but am completely open to suggestions. I want to stay away from stems at the moment.

So suggest away !!!!!!!

I caught the surviving Panduro fry and found 5. I have moved them into the little Ziss BL-2 box for now.

Whatever

And the Apisto's decided to spawn in the middle of all of this..... I ended up burying the eggs with sand by accident though......

My Discus used to do the same thing.
    Whatever

Maybe a Red Tiger Lotus on the left?
    Whatever

Red tiger would grow too large from my experience

Red tigers do get big, If you do want one though ill send a smaller one your way~

Thanks for the offer Andrew.

I ended up popping into River Reef and Reptile @ Hornsby today and picked up a couple of plants. I know one of the guys there and always get a good deal.

I am aiming for easy to look after plants and ended up with a Ruffled Sword and a couple of random Anubias that had detached from a piece of DW. It looked like a single plants with a rubber band around the rhizome but ended up being two nice thick rhizomes. I also got a small Red Tiger Lotus (they can be kept small and compact) and a Banana Lilly as I wanted a bit of cover on the top and for some unknown reason Frogbit does poorly in my tank (although it goes absolutely mental in my pond !!!!).

Now I just need to work out where it is all going including the Crinum and Crypt Balansae.
    Whatever