Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MML Chihiros is here

Quote Originally Posted by pleco4me View Post
    Good to know that the panel hang kit will be compatible. I find the chunkier looking legs a bit of an eyesore for open top/rimless tanks, so would prefer to have it hanging nicely from above

Is it possible to get a custom colour, like silver, or will black be the only option available?
    Only black at this time because it is by far the most popular, may consider other colours like silver down the track. Here is a picture of the other horizontal slide stainless steel bracket we have available for this light.
    ultraslim_bracket2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by makemyled View Post
    Only black at this time because it is by far the most popular, may consider other colours like silver down the track. Here is a picture of the other horizontal slide stainless steel bracket we have available for this light.
    Nice! The metal legs are much more sleek looking IMO.

How would you recommend attaching the hanging kit? Is there some kind of 'eyelet' that can be inserted into the holes where the metal legs would usually go?

very neat.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

Quote Originally Posted by pleco4me View Post
    Nice! The metal legs are much more sleek looking IMO.

How would you recommend attaching the hanging kit? Is there some kind of 'eyelet' that can be inserted into the holes where the metal legs would usually go?
    The only easy way I can think of at the moment is to turn the metal legs the other way around and clip the hanging kit clips onto U bend of the bracket, may look a bit weird, not sure, I'll try this out and see how it looks. As i mentioned before they weren't designed to be hung but I'm sure there's a way.

I’m starting a 175L tank soon. L 100cm x W 39cm x H 45cm. Low tech planted but might like room to move with CO2 down the track. Will the 90cm be suitable?

Also the wifi vs automatic controller confuses me a bit. Can you set up a 24/7 ramp up, ramp down program on the wifi system? Or can only the auto controller do that?

(I have also sent a message via the website before I saw this post, same initials in the email address if you prefer to answer one place only haha)

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I’m starting a 175L tank soon. L 100cm x W 39cm x H 45cm. Low tech planted but might like room to move with CO2 down the track. Will the 90cm be suitable?

Also the wifi vs automatic controller confuses me a bit. Can you set up a 24/7 ramp up, ramp down program on the wifi system? Or can only the auto controller do that?

(I have also sent a message via the website before I saw this post, same initials in the email address if you prefer to answer one place only haha)
    yes I was about to reply to your email but I'll respond here so others can see. 90cm light on a 100cm is perfectly fine, the beam angle of the light will cover the extra distance. In a nutshell the wifi controller has a poor mans version of ramping, 6 timers in a 24 hour period to set intensities and the timers jump intensity suddenly when it hit's the next timer, auto controller has 48 timers and transitions gently from one timer to the next for natural ramping. See our https://makemyled.com/faq/ Q5 for a more detailed explanation.

Cheers, Fred

Thanks so much for your answer! I didn't notice the FAQs, sorry about that! It actually explains a lot about all of my questions

The issue with the autocontroller for me is the lack of iOS/mac compatability, though if it comes pre-programmed that is something.

Any ETA on this light? And will they be using the sunrise/sunset LEDs only?

Thanks so much for your answer! I didn't notice the FAQs, sorry about that! It actually explains a lot about all of my questions

The issue with the autocontroller for me is the lack of iOS/mac compatability, though if it comes pre-programmed that is something.

Any ETA on this light? And will they be using the sunrise/sunset LEDs only?
    still waiting for cables and shipping boxes, everybody closed down over Christmas so it has slowed things down, cables should be here in a few days now and I'll have to check to see if the box factory has reopened yet. Yes sunrise/sunset leds only, the profile is so thin there's no room for power leds.

Eagerly awaiting! I'll keep checking in here and on the website. Thanks for your help!

I know some of you are keen to get one of these and apologies for it taking so long, I didn't anticipate the christmas/new year closures and our box manufacturer has only just reopened this week, hope to get my hands on the boxes this coming week and we'll be able to start shipping these units out.

We have some more details for you though, the MML Chihiros is similar to the Chihiros RGB in terms of colour spectrum but MML Chihoros has 4 channel colour control and a remote for intensity and colour tuning. Another notable difference is the build and materials quality, we have gone for the top shelf hardware and proper stainless steel fittings, tempered toughened glass instead of acrylic splash guard, IP65 waterproof, stuff you normally only see on high end systems.

1. 30cm (18W 75leds), 60cm (36W 150 leds) and 90cm (54W 225 leds) units to fit 30-50cm, 60-80cm, 90-110cm tanks respectively
    2. 4 channel control, 5 rows total, 2 x rows of 6500K white, 1 x row of blue, 1 x row of green, 1 x row of red just like the old XB pro plant panel
    3. Standard beam angle is 120 degrees like Chihiros but we have lens kits available for the MML Chihiros 90, 60, 45 degrees if you want to push light deeper (full par details at various beam angles will be on the website soon)
    4. 2 bracket options, stainless steel horizontal slide and acrylic/stainless steel horizontal and vertical slide
    5. Each light comes with power pack and remote, a complete system ready to plug in and go.
    6. Priced at around $77 for 30cm, $110 for 60cm and $154 for 90cm + a little more depending on which bracket you want
    7. Compatible with our wifi and auto controllers if you prefer something more than the supplied remote.

The light is designed for the same depth tanks as chihiros i.e. 30cm tall for high tech, 45cm tall for low tech but you can add optic lenses to push that light a little further, Optic lenses sets are $10 for a 30cm, $20 for a 60cm and $30 for a 90cm

For those wanting to hang this unit, we have some small 3cm rods with an eyelet on the end coming soon that can slide into the bracket hole on the light and our panel hang kit can then clip onto the eyelets.

How far will the lenses push the light? Enough to make it suitable for a 45cm deep high tech?

How far will the lenses push the light? Enough to make it suitable for a 45cm deep high tech?
    Full specs are available on our website https://makemyled.com/fresh-water-le...traslim-panel/ . You'll see from the PAR readings that the lenses will provide high light at 45cm deep but keep in mind that the tighter beam angle means less surface area coverage. There are 2 models A, and B. A uses 5 x rows of 6500K leds, B uses 3 x rows of 6500K leds, a row of red and a row of blue. Model A has approx 15% more PAR than model B. There will also be a model C shortly where you can choose the led colour for each of the 5 rows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12