Thread: My in-deck pond

Default My in-deck pond

Been a long time between posts, thought Id share my pond progress. Pond is 2.5x2.5x0.7m so big enough for most fish I keep and still have room for plants. Just need to install a partial screen to hide the filter and should be done, might hang some orchids on the screen as well
    Cheers,
    Matt

That is just beautiful and a fabulous addition to any home.

Quote Originally Posted by masone View Post
    Been a long time between posts, thought Id share my pond progress. Pond is 2.5x2.5x0.7m so big enough for most fish I keep and still have room for plants. Just need to install a partial screen to hide the filter and should be done, might hang some orchids on the screen as well
    I followed the vlad technique to make picture reappear.

Most could only have this in their dreams! Excellent work. Is it heated?

Thanks rebel, it’s a nice spot to sit in the afternoon for a beer and look over the city! Not heated, the advantage of living in Cairns
    Cheers,
    Matt

That looks amazing! I wish I had a deck pond... or a deck...

-Kamran

what are the winter temps in a pond up there?

Man that's beautiful. If I didn't live in the temperature extremes I'd aspire to do something like that.
    Chris -my tank

That looks very nice masone! Any more photos? What fish and plants do you have there?
    -----

Our pond project
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/63649-Natural-Looking-pond-with-waterfall-in-our-frontyard

Beautiful!

Winter temp would be high teens in middle of winter at the lowest, I have a few ponds and have kept fish like peacock bass in them year round without any issues. Plants include hygros, a few types of ludwigia, a few different aponogeton sp, trident and needle java, buceohalandra, lagenandra and anubias. Plus the pandanus amaryllifolius which I grow in all my ponds and the orchids on the branches. Fish at the moment are a few tarpon and a big school of local jum rum creek rainbows which are a nice red and breed like rabbits. Will move my Saratoga in there soon.
    Cheers,
    Matt

Stunning, Matt! I regret even more not popping in on you earlier in the year now - this would have been amazing to see in its development! Looks like you just used a plastic liner, right? Was that put onto a hard foundation (concrete?)?
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

Quote Originally Posted by masone View Post
    Winter temp would be high teens in middle of winter at the lowest, I have a few ponds and have kept fish like peacock bass in them year round without any issues. Plants include hygros, a few types of ludwigia, a few different aponogeton sp, trident and needle java, buceohalandra, lagenandra and anubias. Plus the pandanus amaryllifolius which I grow in all my ponds and the orchids on the branches. Fish at the moment are a few tarpon and a big school of local jum rum creek rainbows which are a nice red and breed like rabbits. Will move my Saratoga in there soon.
    Wow! That's a nice selection! Your plants look big and healthy from what I can tell in the photos. Have you found it easy to keep plants them alive? Do you fertilise it? How much light does it get during the day?

I checked those rainbows in google and they look beautiful!
    -----

Our pond project
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/63649-Natural-Looking-pond-with-waterfall-in-our-frontyard