Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trying new things - 60x45x45

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    Looks really good, i like the dense jungle look! The new fish look great!
    Thanks! Trying to get a denser look in the Ludwigia, need to keep trimming and replanting heh

Quote Originally Posted by odie_88 View Post
    A great looking tank...I feel your BBA pain, hard to completely eradicate...
    Yeah, I still have some but things have got much better now

A couple more pictures, playing around a bit with white balance, looks somewhat better..

Have only just come across your thread, has really grown in nice and developed! It’s the same style layout I’m about to embark on and scarily identical hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by WetDreams View Post
    Have only just come across your thread, has really grown in nice and developed! It’s the same style layout I’m about to embark on and scarily identical hardware.
    Nice! Make sure to start your own thread this tank measurements is surely challenging but also opens to a lot of different layout possibilities. Really fun

Very nice tank! Blyxa is great addition!

Quick shots before a small trim!

I moved the light a little to the back, trying to keep the Ludwigia at the back corner...but it doesn't care and keeps coming to the front side...That was a silly test, hah the reineckii is the one that has suffered the most with the lack of light. I've also slowly stopped fertilising since I'm going on holidays in a month for 5 weeks and wanted to check how the tank reacts. So far so good, growth has slowed down heaps (other than the duckweed...) but again, the reineckii lacks on a few things, keeps growing tho.

Trying new things with the Monte Carlo, also growing in the driftwood

Duckweed errwhere...I managed to get rid of most of all.

very nice
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

Very harmonious!!

Even the minor algae looks so pretty.

Thanks, I've been 'lucky' with the algae. Not dosing much ferts is key haha I haven't actually done any water change for like 3-4 weeks now, only top-ups and I can see how that 'green beard algae' in the driftwood is very slowly getting a bit thicker, but that's about it. Like you said, it doesn't look too bad and it doesn't really bother me too much. After I'm back from my trip in September I'll probably rescape this tank a bit and get rid of algae and apply all learnings I've got from making

Yes it's great when you hit jackpot with the tank balance!

Does the light look warm or cool coloured to the naked eye? What dimming level do you run the light?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Yes it's great when you hit jackpot with the tank balance!

Does the light look warm or cool coloured to the naked eye? What dimming level do you run the light?
    It's cooler than the pictures show. There's also a slim surface of algae in the glass that I haven't cleaned for 3 weeks hah
    The light is dimmed at 4/7

OMG this is amazing!!

Any time you wanna come over and redo one of my tanks, feel free!
    As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVader View Post
    OMG this is amazing!!

Any time you wanna come over and redo one of my tanks, feel free!
    I agree, it’s a very beautiful and harmonious tank

Certainly looks fantastic, continue the updates upon return from the holidays

Thanks guys, I see it as a bit of a mess right now haha Maybe because I look at it every day :P But I just need time to get it back in shape

Quote Originally Posted by slin1977 View Post
    Certainly looks fantastic, continue the updates upon return from the holidays
    Will definitely do!

Back home after 6 weeks away! The tank survived, and I think I've only lost 1 or 2 embers, and the reineckii might be hard to get it back on shape :S

No ferts for over 2 months and the CO2 ran out while I was away...I wasn't expecting that tbh, I thought it could hold until I was back. Will replace it this weekend.
    I 'trained' a couple of friends to come by and just do water top ups and prepare more for the next time (food was controlled by an automatic feeder), so no real water changes in 6 weeks. I arrived yesterday and managed to trim the jungle and did a large water change.

I don't know how I feel about the emerged part.. I think I'll keep it but I would have to literally tie it up so it doesn't creates much shade. That being said...I might be doing some soft rescaping to this tank in the near future.

Some quick before and after pics
    Front

Side

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast