Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bookshelf Blackwater - 12g Long

Quote Originally Posted by Orcustus View Post
    What an elegant scape! Love the minimalist design!

I've always wondered though, how does a black water aquarium stays black? Wouldn't the tannin dilute from water changes?
    Cheers, I add indian almond leaves (the tea bag style) after each water change, tho I only change the water once a month, about 30% at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    Tank looks fantatic man Loving the nice dark tannin look. How is the live stock going?
    Cheers mate! The livestock are going well, tones of shrimp and havent lost a fish in ages, all my live cultures went bad so back to dry food, I should get some more mircoworms soon. I put my pigmy corys from my 1ft cube (broke that down) in here, they are also going well. Even my 4 ottos are still alive!

Good to hear all the fish are going well Breed me some ottos haha.

Shoot me a PM with what your chasing live food wise, i'll send it over to you if I have it. Just cover postage
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Masterclass in lazy (but beautiful) aquaristics!

Thanks for the comments guys, I got a bit to lazy and neglected cleaning the filter for too long, BBA was starting to become a bit to abundant, probably due to lack of water changes also (def not a master Rebel... master would change water and clean filter more often)

Today I cleaned the filter and man was it full of brown gunk / poop / stinky stuff! Took the chance to fit my stainless pipes, will see how they go for awhile, need to sort some acrylic clips to hang the pipes on the side of the tank, for now I have to use many suction caps to keep them in place.

IMG_8433.jpg by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

IMG_8420.jpg by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

IMG_8419.jpg by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

IMG_8418.jpg by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

What sort of acrylic clips are you thinking of? I'm relying on suction cups at the moment and I don't trust them at all. Every now and then they pop off and I can't figure out if it's something like humidity or just suction cups being cheap and bad technology to rely on hahaha

ohh yes ok I know those. I have one that holds maintenance tools like tweezers, scissors etc. but now that I have my light and lily pipes on the tank, there's nowhere for it to fit :/ I have an AquaOne Horizon 182 and only the left and right sides have room for one of those clips but the real estate is all taken up now by the light and pipes.

yah the holder things Rebel posted, I use them on my 5ft bookshelf tank, they work great... I thought I had some 16mm holders but only 18mm for the bigger pipes....

EDIT seems like 20mm pipe holders are the only available, guess they will do!
    Last edited by doylecolmdoyle; 05-03-19 at 01:34 PM.

Still kicking, still never trimmed any plants!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Masterclass in lazy (but beautiful) aquaristics!
    This!

well played indeed.

edit: same livestock? recent pics show a decline in numbers... or behind the log? How'd the CRS go?
    Last edited by Grubs; 17-06-19 at 06:31 AM.

The master of the lazy life! You deserve a medal.

Did you go back to the Aqua Z light from the MML light?

Btw I am interested in some of your images (need hi res) and closeups you may have of this tank for a bigger project..... I will PM you...

Quote Originally Posted by Grubs View Post
    This!

well played indeed.

edit: same livestock? recent pics show a decline in numbers... or behind the log? How'd the CRS go?
    Cheers, I am pretty sure all the fish are still alive... but all hiding in this photo... always the way! 4x oto's 4x pigmy corys and a heap of Rasboras... and you can see none! I have not noticed a dead fish in along time, I do wonder if the Rasboras breed as some are tiny, tho maybe they where always that small.

CRS all died within about 1 month

The master of the lazy life! You deserve a medal.

Did you go back to the Aqua Z light from the MML light?

Btw I am interested in some of your images (need hi res) and closeups you may have of this tank for a bigger project..... I will PM you...
    This tank has always had the aqua z, the river tank had the MML light, check out my flickr for high res photos from the past, will have to go back a few pages, landscape/drone photography bug has hit me - https://www.flickr.com/photos/colmdoyle/

I should take some updated close ups

Thanks Colm. I really like some of your compositions. Like the addition of the birds in this one.

https://flic.kr/p/2exLijS

Are you using a graduated ND for those seascapes? Try one and see. Reverse grad ND is great for sunrise pics to get the waves to roll.

Anyways, I digress.

I can see how you are good at composition of your tanks.....

IMHO I think Perth is ill suited for CRS. You'd need chillers for sure.

Thanks Colm. I really like some of your compositions. Like the addition of the birds in this one.

https://flic.kr/p/2exLijS

Are you using a graduated ND for those seascapes? Try one and see. Reverse grad ND is great for sunrise pics to get the waves to roll.

Anyways, I digress.

I can see how you are good at composition of your tanks.....
    Cheers, I have not used Grad NDs, but just this weekend picked up a second hand filter holder and I am waiting for pay day to order some drop in filters (Grad and 10stop ND to start)

Funny enough no on else has picked up the photoshop birds, its pretty obvious when zoomed in :P, I felt the photo needed a focal point. I mainly use instagram and no one can pick photoshopping of small details via the app / small image size, tho I try not to make a habit of photoshopping in extra elements / skies etc.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678