Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Housing size for reacotr

Quote Originally Posted by Grubs View Post
    yes - added pic above
    thanks for taking the time to explain it so well with the picture, totally understand it now... time for some more shopping

are these inline taps ok to use or would i need something more heavy duty like these guys? The first ones have a pressure rating of 1000. cheers

also what do you guys use for a CO2 injection point?
    Last edited by MrKrabs; 06-12-17 at 05:39 AM. Reason: co2 inj point question

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
    I was about to buy a sera 1000 on the weekend but pulled out due to what i read about these reactors.
    PiL (or anyone with experience with these) have you the injection nipple to easily break?
    the 2 i have have been set and forget. why would you have to mess with it again once you've attached the co2 hose?
    the nipple seems pretty sturdy to me. warm up the hose, attach and then see ya later.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

i assumed that the reactor would need cleaning from time to time, is this not the case? I noticed that the hose size fittings are 16mm (internal) what did you use to connect it to 12mm hosing? also do you find these noisy at all?

It is true that the air and water swirling around the reactor is the noisiest part of my set up.
    I am using bunnings sourced reducers to connect the hoses.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

Hey Pil, any chance of video of your reactor at work? I've never had enough grunt in my filters to use those Sera ones ( I have a couple at home as backups ) so never know how they are meant to look like at full steam.

after all the research and planning i put into this (many hours) i decided to take PiL's good advice and bought and installed on yday.. first thoughts are extremely happy, very quiet operation and no more bubbles cant ask for more. Worked out it only cost about $20 more to buy than build. Special thanks to Grubs also for you help describing a DIY solution and how it worked, was excellent to get an understanding of how CO2 is dissolved in water. If this doesnt work out i will def be building one.

rebel if PiL cant get to it i can try take some video of it this weekend for you.

I have read that the internal rotars can potentially get very noisy but if that happens accorinding to this post by random_alias, these rotars can be taken out of the reactor, eliminating the noise and still function 100%

I will update this thread with my thoughts on it after i have had it for a little while and compare it with the inline atomizer i had in its place

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123