Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need idea, Help and suggestions.

For those small vases ( are they from kmart?) , the issue is temperature swings. Otherwise a couple of cherries should be ok in there. I dont think they will flourish but won't die either.

You'll need to do daily water changes for a few weeks tho.

yeah hahah i got them from KMart $9 ... i am using an old filer + substrate and water from another fish tank... it should be enough not to do do daily water change?

Keep the Vase in my room so hopfully not too much temp swings .... also using stabilty for afew days in it
    shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.

got a few shrimp in .. hope they will live and make babies hahah
    Does the Red shrimp need more shelteR?

shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.

Have you got a filter in there??

Shrimp will be fine with or without shelter as long as you dont have predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Have you got a filter in there??
    Filter for which one?
    there is filter in both of them, sponge filter for the the cherry shrimp and on the other one i have ceramic noddles, bio balls, purigen and mineral balls. its at the back of the tank.

Btw its getting hotter and hotter lately and the temp gonn jump up and down ... how can i prevent shrimp death?

Maybe control the room temperature by having AC etc on. I don't think you can control the temperature of individual vases. Temperature is the main issue for these tiny tanks.

Thanks Rebel ... good thing we have solar power XD
    the Vase look good but i feel bad for the shrimp so when i get a new tank i will tranfer them to the new one ...
    just waiting for the rignt tank

If its too hot you can get a cheep usb fan to blow on the vases. That will be effective if you have low humidity in your room.

I brought 1 one fan for my vase and 1 two fan for my shrimp tank ... the tank seem to be at a constant 26-27 degree which is too high for them ... so hopefully the fan can get it down to 2 degree or so ... unless i put on the aircon ...

So ... was looking at my cherry shrimp and in the Vase aquarium and they are doing very well, add some leave and alder cones .
    some are also berried which is a good sign ... not sure how many shirmp the little vase will hold? maybe need to upgrade?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12