Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need idea, Help and suggestions.

Default Need idea, Help and suggestions.

So ive reasonly got a tank and it is cycling atm...

upload image from mobile

but then i found this ...

upload image from mobile

My question is ...

1. MY tank been cycle for 5 days now using Stabilty ... why is my water still cloud? are there a product that i can use to make it crystal clear? *no carbon*
    2. with the bonsai, what kinda of plant or moss should i use?
    3. i want to replace the Anubais with the bonsai... so can i grow the Anubais outside the tank without water? * just on a peice of wood*
    4. i want this to be a CRS tank are there anything else that i need?
    Last edited by spyder882006; 20-10-17 at 05:01 PM.
    shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.

The best product to use in a cycling tank is patience. It will come clear as the sticky microbes in filter out compete the floaty water column microbes for nutrients.
    If thats not an option, a flocculant like accuclear or easylife will get the job done. I dont usually reccomend using chemical filtration during a cycle.... but a bag of chemipure would give you crystal water even with the initial tannin leech from bonsai. Anubias needs high humidity, it hates air con. You would likely need to accimatize it slowly with lots of misting.

thanks for the info i will wait for another week and see what happen with the tank.

how would you recommend me to keep my Anubais? can i just put it in a tub and mist it afew time a day? ... im in search of another nano fish tank like the one i have above just for it ... but its hard to find one thats 2nd hand, so it might take awhile.
    shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder882006 View Post
    thanks for the info i will wait for another week and see what happen with the tank.

how would you recommend me to keep my Anubais? can i just put it in a tub and mist it afew time a day? ... im in search of another nano fish tank like the one i have above just for it ... but its hard to find one thats 2nd hand, so it might take awhile.
    If you're in Sydney, something will come up second hand pretty soon.

yeah i got one off one of the member here its a great tank

hopefully i can get one similar size since it will only have the anubias and a betta fish...any idea where i can get a fancy betta willing to pay up to $50 for a really nice one,

Fancy bettas? Look up Fishchick on facebook.

to replace the Anubais with the bonsai... so can i grow the Anubais outside the tank without water? * just on a peice of wood*

For how long? For a few weeks, you can keep it in a container (some light preferred) where you change water daily. No ferts needed.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder882006 View Post
    yeah i got one off one of the member here its a great tank

hopefully i can get one similar size since it will only have the anubias and a betta fish...any idea where i can get a fancy betta willing to pay up to $50 for a really nice one,
    Have a look at Nano Tanks Australia in Silverwater. He has some nice Betta for around $30.
    Whatever

put it in my brother guppies tank ...
    he is not happy about it lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyAdo View Post
    Have a look at Nano Tanks Australia in Silverwater. He has some nice Betta for around $30.
    Agree, especially when he gets new orders in.

thanks guys

For future reference, google 'emersed setups' to keep plants alive out of the tank.

hey guys do you thing this little Vase set up would be enough to House afew cherry shrimp?

I like that aesthetic! About how much water would you say is in there, tough?

-Kamran

Hey, its about 3-4liter depend on how much substrate you have in there,

getting some shrimp today and hofully its would be ok for some cherry shrimp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast