Thread: Heating

Default Heating

hi guys.. looking at getting new heaters for my tank. I am currently running my very old aqua one 300W heater from my old tank and it seems to be doing the job but due to its age its probably best i look at getting something new for the new setup.

my question is should i go inline heating or external? if i go internal should i get two 300W heaters instead of just running one or is that overkill and what brand to people recommend? i have heard that the Eheim/jager heaters are the way to go.

or should i go external inline heating? this is a topic i really dont know much about and quite interested to learn more to make the right decision.

If inline is the way to go, what brand/product? or is a DIY solution best here?

what does the forum think?
    Last edited by MrKrabs; 12-10-17 at 05:33 AM.

I forgot to add.. i have an old eheim pro 2228 which i will use to attach a atomizer for CO2 so dont know if i can add an inline heater to this.

the other canister is a fluval FX4, which has a larger diameter hosing (24mm) and also ribbed. Can inline heaters be joined to this hosing? I will eventually replace the ribbed hosing as it ages but for now will be in place

I use a 300W Hydor Eth external heater. It hasnt missed a beat in 5 or so years.
    Whatever