Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4ft Planted - unique driftwood

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Those angels are stunning and look like they have the blue genetics! Did you buy from a breeder?
    Actually just from a random in south west sydney. I bought 3 of them but had to sell 1 due to serious aggression.
    I believe this to be M & F but they haven't paired. Really hope they pair and spawn. they will be straight into their own breeding tank after that!

If they dont breed in a few years I might get 2 platinums and see if I can pair them. will get a lighter blue, but will still be blue!

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Looks great! I still really love that driftwood. What do you think of your bolivian and rummynoses? Thinking of getting the same.
    I really want to go golden vine hey. This piece is great, but probably best suited in a different design imo.
    I cant work with it coz its not satisfying me lol

Got a call today, my otocinclus are ready to pick up from my LFS!!!
    Love it when orders come in.

Hopefully they make good work of the algae in my tank.

Got a nice piece of Golden vine driftwood lined up also, store wants $120 though, so going to try barter that down to $100.
    Also have someone interested in the current piece I have for $50.

You could always keep the wood and start an extra tank..

If you are considering shrimps again, once your plants are established and dense the shrimps will have a place to hide and survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Destruction View Post
    You could always keep the wood and start an extra tank..

If you are considering shrimps again, once your plants are established and dense the shrimps will have a place to hide and survive.
    Shrimp are going in my 1ft cube.
    There is still a couple alive in this tank though, barely but theres a couple.

If I can get the gold vine I want then it will get planted awesomely and it will be a shrimp haven even with the angels

5 oto's went in the tank on Saturday, they seem to have settled in ok and have been schooling with my rummynose, so weird to watch lol.
    Angelfish have been a bit skeptical of them and are looking at them like food. They ate 4 of my 6 new rummynose I bought the other week already so i'm a bit worried.
    The Angels leave the rummys alone now theres a small group. its only when I add too many they kill some.

The Corydoras just hide all day because of the angels, so bit crappy.
    hoping the rescape in a few weeks helps though. going to remove the driftwood and replace it with a real nice piece of golden vine.
    This will reduce the amount of hiding places and push them more into the open while providing a lot more open space up top for the angels to swim around.

will get some snaps of the little otos if I can!

5 otos will be awesome dude. They should school!!

5 otos will be awesome dude. They should school!!
    first thing they did when I put them in the tank was school up with the rummynose, until they realised the top of the driftwood was covered in algae lol.

They are an awesome fish though, loving them already.

I still think my tank is scaped in a bad way that doesnt split the tank enough for bottom dwellers and the angels

On the plus side I can see some growth in the plants. Fingers crossed.

Also good luck with your impending rescape.

Looks great! I still really love that driftwood. What do you think of your bolivian and rummynoses? Thinking of getting the same.
    great combo! if I had another tank, id take my angels out and put another 3 bolivians in.

On the plus side I can see some growth in the plants. Fingers crossed.

Also good luck with your impending rescape.
    the MC has grown a little after it overcome the algae. Other stuff grows and dies but is surviving.
    The rescape should help with spread of light, flow of water and eventual co2. still on hit list lol.

Can't wait to see the new driftwood. I have a piece of gold vine for my new tank, cant believe the money shops ask for it! I managed to get it (I thought) really cheap from a bloke who runs a fish shop under his house. He mentioned to me about the wood growing some fluffy stuff on it when its soaked, have you heard about that? Apparently it's okay for the fish, just looks bad.

Can't wait to see the new driftwood. I have a piece of gold vine for my new tank, cant believe the money shops ask for it! I managed to get it (I thought) really cheap from a bloke who runs a fish shop under his house. He mentioned to me about the wood growing some fluffy stuff on it when its soaked, have you heard about that? Apparently it's okay for the fish, just looks bad.
    Goldvine will usually leach some fungus like goop, looks like white jelly, shrimp and oto's will eat / clean it up, usually last a few weeks, tho I have seen cases of it lasting months.

Its a nice piece, just need to afford it lol. and make sure that I can scape it in well.
    Yea I have heard about the fungus growing out of it, but my otos should take care of it.
    Ill throw more Yellow Cherrys in this tank after the scape too to help out.

Picking up a co2 setup on the weekend finally.

Got given this on the weekend, anyone know if a reg would fit straight up?
    its a 5kg bottle. Guess id need more specs for assistance though.

Id probably keep the reg off the one im buying and put it on this bottle if I can.
    The extinguisher is 5kg where as the co2 bottle is only 2.3kg.

Might be able to sell the co2 bottle and cover some of my expenses.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast