Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 4ft Planted - unique driftwood

Here is a few pics of the bolivians spawn from start, middle somewhere and middle somewhere else and will update with a new pic asap
    They arent see through anymore and are about 6mm long. Not sure what the hell im doing, but I am feeding them as often as possible, so we will see what happens hahaha

Its been a little while since I updated, but I finally got off my ass and got my 2 MML Freshwater floodlights running on the tank.
    Made the stands out of Connect-It from bunnings

The tank looks a lot brighter, so the next few days/weeks should be interesting to see how the balance goes.
    I had recently bumped my co2 up and my BBA is dissapearing rapidly, so thats a good thing, again, see how it all goes.

Ive also been looking at driftwood for when I set up the 4x2x2 and it seems that a shop in North Sydney has branchy ghostwood for sale.
    At an absoloutely crazy price for wood, but its amazing shaped.
    https://sereneaquarium.com.au/produc...ood/ghostwood/

Bit of an update on my Bolivian Rams and their spawn, the spawn all died unfortunately.
    The adults havent been so great since, they seemed to get depressed and now unwell with bowel issues.
    Didnt know fish could get so down! one of them, not one of the breeders, likes to swim against my hand when i have it in the tank.
    It will also seek me out by swimming past the glass to follow me. its rather odd behaviour, but fun and exciting non the less.

I will look at setting up another 1ft cube under my 4x2x2 and use it as a hospital tank or grow out tank in future,

I also added another 5 Otocinclus to the tank which have been happily munching away!
    and if I didnt mention previously, the two blue angels have been moved along.

SO MUCH HAPPENING!

Also looking at rentals at the moment, so a house move may be on the cards... que rescape or setup of 4x2x2 lol.

Looking good my man. Tank looks like its rejuvenated.

Is that still the original MC?

Nice Angels. Just watch out if two of them pair up.
    Whatever

btw, that ghostwood is nice but you can collect some gum branches and glue/nail them together to form similar structures without such a high cost. I'd rather spend that money on the rocks such as dragon stone, which we can't find locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Looking good my man. Tank looks like its rejuvenated.

Is that still the original MC?
    Thanks! its been a long process with this tank, its had a lot of versions lol.
    Yea it sure is the original MC!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyAdo View Post
    Nice Angels. Just watch out if two of them pair up.
    I sold the angels off, so its justs bolivians, otocinclus and corydoras now

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    btw, that ghostwood is nice but you can collect some gum branches and glue/nail them together to form similar structures without such a high cost. I'd rather spend that money on the rocks such as dragon stone, which we can't find locally.
    I stress about finding gum branches, I have no idea what im looking at/for lol. they need to be long dead also right?
    May just go bush walk shopping for some gum branches then

I would love to use dragon stone too

Quote Originally Posted by luked View Post
    I sold the angels off, so its justs bolivians, otocinclus and corydoras now
    Yep. Realised after I posted that i was still reading page 3. lol.
    Whatever

tanks growing in, algae toooo, this tanks coming to the end of an era though as my new 4x2x2 has an update!

Great growth! How are the bolivians doing? I love their colouration

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Great growth! How are the bolivians doing? I love their colouration
    the bolivians are doing pretty well, they get a bit 'eh' sometimes but not sure what it is thats going on. theyve been meh since they lost all of their first spawn

the bolivians are doing pretty well, they get a bit 'eh' sometimes but not sure what it is thats going on. theyve been meh since they lost all of their first spawn
    Maybe add another pair? Not sure if they get aggressive tho, but I've always seen them in groups. But I've got no experience tho

They can be like that a bit. I have noticed that they really like a bit of empty space. This and a flat stone makes them happier. Also a second pair is not such a bad suggestion. I suspect they switch partners when a spawn was unsuccessful and they are at their best when 2 pairs spawn at opposite sides of a tank and keep the other pair at bay. the downside with these guys is that they look drab when not in breeding dress like many cichlids. This is where apistos have an advantage. And they don't compete with other territorial fish well, even if these are smaller. Too peaceful, big pussycats.

ill try and squeeze a flat stone into my new tank scape somewhere for them!
    They burried their last lot of eggs in the sand which was cool.

TANK UPDATE:

awaiting my new 4x2x2 to be built (see active thread) and this tank will get shut down and sold off.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast