Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 121

Thread: 4ft Planted - unique driftwood

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    12,889

    Default

    Looks like the plants have a new lease of life. Nice work my man. Hope that's the original MC that I sent you.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Looks like the plants have a new lease of life. Nice work my man. Hope that's the original MC that I sent you.
    Hey Rebel, they have really taken off now with the co2! that is most definitely still the same MC you sent me! I cant wait to get the new LED floodies on the tank so the MC will hopefully grow a bit smaller leafed and lower to the ground.
    Im constantly trimming it and time to time replant some to try help the spread.

    BBA is still a pain in the neck, will treat everything in the tank once I change out to a 4x2x2 which I am saving for.

    New 4x2x2 tank stand I should have built within the next couple of weeks along with the new light hanging kit sorted.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    12,889

    Default

    Very nice. Don't overdo the light and you will be fine.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Very nice. Don't overdo the light and you will be fine.
    Going to start with just the two 50w MML Floodies and may add a 3rd if needed

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I bought a new tank!!!!

    Managed to jump on a 4x2x2 tank with stand and hood, 2x aquis 2250 UV-C filters, aqua one chiller and a few other bits and bobs like rocks/substrate etc.

    The Tank has an overflow which I will suss out, I may go down the lines of running a sump, though I have no experience in this space so will need to suss it out.

    Total cost = $200, so I can recoup some that cost by selling off some of any of the 4 canister filters (or all of them if I go sump), chiller etc.

    I pick it up on Monday, so ill post some pics one I get it home and give it a clean up (if needed)!

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    12,889

    Default

    Congrats! That's a huge tank!! Was it a marine tank prior?

    I am looking at chiller and considering it... Maybe a leisurely drive out to Woolongong....Let me know.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    598

    Default

    On a bigger tank a sump is fantastic. They hold a massive amount of different media's and are easy to get into to clean so just the water scrubber can be done, or all the sponges.
    Biggest problem with a sump is it is not practical to move them, say outside, when you want to do any work on them.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Congrats! That's a huge tank!! Was it a marine tank prior?

    I am looking at chiller and considering it... Maybe a leisurely drive out to Woolongong....Let me know.
    it was a marine tank at one stage yea! hey, we can arrange something mate. ill see what its like and condition etc first.

    Im selling my two Blue Angels and a bunch of plants on Monday also, so this new tank will be a good fresh start

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madmerv View Post
    On a bigger tank a sump is fantastic. They hold a massive amount of different media's and are easy to get into to clean so just the water scrubber can be done, or all the sponges.
    Biggest problem with a sump is it is not practical to move them, say outside, when you want to do any work on them.
    Im thinking of running one thats for sure, one with a refugium in it would be ideal though so I can possibly raise my corydoras fry in it.
    A lot of scoping will be done first but as I also want to run CO2 and I dont know how that all works with a sump etc.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    12,889

    Default

    Search for Barr threads on sealed first compartment of the sump. That might help you.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    So to my surprise, two of my Bolivian Rams paired up and I have wrigglers!
    Didnt see the eggs anywhere and both parents are working together real well to protect their spawn!

    The nest has moved twice in the 12 hours since I noticed them.

    Now, I have no experience here, and not sure if I want to spend the time to try raise them.
    I dont have the capacity to set up a grow out tank but could put a breeder box in the tank.
    I'd rather the parents raise them instead of intervention also.

    I read i need to feed every few hours with specific food however I'm not home or awake enough to feed so often.
    What would my options be in this case?

    I have a small video, but also not sure how to upload it. Going to try through IMGUR.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    12,889

    Default

    Ask Indir as he uses brine shrimp and vinegar eels to feed similar sized fry.

    If its not a display tank, you can increase light to cause algal blooms which will help the fry.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Ask Indir as he uses brine shrimp and vinegar eels to feed similar sized fry.

    If its not a display tank, you can increase light to cause algal blooms which will help the fry.
    Thanks Rebel, still required constant feeding but hey?
    Yea its currently a display tank unless I try to move them to a small breeder (not too keen on)

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ACT
    Posts
    12,889

    Default

    Hmm...I think you can use a container for the live food and run an auto doser through it. I've been dreaming of such a setup for sometime now.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Illawarra
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Hmm...I think you can use a container for the live food and run an auto doser through it. I've been dreaming of such a setup for sometime now.
    I don't think im going to worry too much. Ill just keep the breeding pair until the day comes that I have time/space to try raise them.
    If they survive without intervention then that will be cool. itd be awesome if even one survive

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •