Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 4ft Planted - unique driftwood

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Destruction View Post
    For the FE's, I am using a CO2PRO regulator, my brother is using a DICI if that is of use to you. The co2pro looks exactly like the DICI one, only with a rebranded logo
    The one thats coming on the weekend is a 'The Barn' regulator. I got no idea whats what in the co2 world just yet, but im ready to start learning. The kit will be complete so ready to go.

Looks Barn door style... Should be fine I reckon.

From what I could find online, the Quell will likely need an adaptor.
    But ohwell, off to bunnings i go if thats the case

Oh happy days!

Its a start!

Would like to change to an inline reactor eventually.

Currently set to approx 100 BPM. need to keep an eye on the test liquid though it said to use tank water and research says otherwise

Nice work! Don't increase rate unless you are going to be home observing for at least 10 hours after the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Nice work! Don't increase rate unless you are going to be home observing for at least 10 hours after the change.
    Going to be super careful, definitely do not want to lose any stock.
    Ive lost 3 of my 5 Otocinclus so far pretty sure my angels killed them though.

I'm preparing for the big rescape also.
    Going to try source a fair amount of dragon stone to create 2-3 islands (Seen something similar here recently)
    Golden vine will protrude from each isand with blyxa, crypts, Needle JF, stem plants and maybe grow out some HC inbetween the dragonstone.

Got a good idea for it now, just need to get it all together before pulling this tank apart.

Was also considering replacing the tank & stand to something new and that matches furniture more.
    This tank is missing its brace and I dont want to risk it too much longer.

Bit of an update, lost 4/5 otocinclus and to date my angels have killed 14 Rummynose.
    All 11 Panda Corydoras are still alive and kicking and my 4 Bolivian Rams are all still happy amongst each other.

BBA is bananas in my tank though im not too worried, the tank is coping a full makeover soon.
    Will include a decent scrub of the tank.

Losing otocinlcus is nothing new. I have lost 4 out of 6 this year. The remaining two are going well tho.

Angels can definitely be aggressive.

With BBA, when you remake your tank, make sure you peroxide all the hardscape and remove it all.

When you restart, start with fairly highish CO2 and high surface agitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Losing otocinlcus is nothing new. I have lost 4 out of 6 this year. The remaining two are going well tho.

Angels can definitely be aggressive.

With BBA, when you remake your tank, make sure you peroxide all the hardscape and remove it all.

When you restart, start with fairly highish CO2 and high surface agitation.
    Im actually not sure if the 5th is alive now either, cant find it.

These two angels are a lot less aggressive than the two black ones I had previously, though they still love killing my fish from time to time.

The only thing that will remain from this current setup is the rocks which need a very good clean already anyway.
    Thank you for the advice, I will bump up the co2 and set up both canisters to provide good circulation and surface agitation.

AS part of my rescape plans, I am going to grab another box of the rocks also and make a nice step down rock wall from left to right dirt to sand and have stauro repens grow amongst the rocks and perhaps other small plants.
    Driftwood hunt is still on for the perfect piece and my light unit keeps breaking down (3x t8 tubes) and only letting me run 2x tubes at a time which im saving for a makemyled replacement with hanging kit.

The idea is strong in my head now, I just need the money to buy remaining items.

Nice. Enjoy the planning and gathering your materials. I am forever gathering material. My family calls it hoarding. I have a fair amount of rock in a heap, in a corner of my garden.

Lower light is generally better I reckon. CO2 if possible needs to be 30ppm.

Purchased a Sera Flore CO2 Active Reactor 500 yesterday, awaiting delivery!
    The current bazooka diffuser is definitely wasting co2.

NEED to get my shit together and re-scape. taking much longer than i'd hoped

ordered 2 50w MML Floodlights... shit, supposed to be rescaping the tank, but keep buying shit I dont need lol

Update pic:

Plus hung MML Floodies over the tank, terrible quality photo off my gf's potato phone:

Hung or held :P looks like your plants have turned the corner, getting some nice green growth there!

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    Hung or held :P looks like your plants have turned the corner, getting some nice green growth there!
    Held lol! Yea they are doing alright now hey... just struggling with BBA though.
    My shrimp tank has gone bananas also, ill throw pics up in that thread also

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast