Thread: Inspirational tanks?

Default Inspirational tanks?

i am going to scape my tank this weekend and flood it, issue is i am no longer sure of the idea i have had in my head for the past couple of months. Does anyone have any suggestions on sites with inspirational tanks that i can look at to come to a conclusion on my own tank.

i have scoured google images for a while but many are average and same ones keep coming up, have also tried looking up tanks here but most no longer have valid pic links

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.. really feeling the pressure now haha

Check these out.

http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...rational+tanks

Also search google with terms "IAPLC" and insert any year to get relevant entries.... For example "IAPLC 2016".

AGA also has a website with all the entries over the years.

www.tropica.com is a great resource.

Have you got all the hardscape you need to start this weekend?

Looking back on mine, I'd to decide the type of scape I like by looking around. Finally settled on rocks / iwagumi with bonsai tree. Then took awhile to source for the right size rocks and bonsai. When I though I had everything, I ended up getting more rocks from sourced from 3 different LFS. Took me a few months to gathered the things I need and still took 2 weeks to scape it.

Keen to hear from others that been in the hobby for awhile - the important tips I got is spent as much time as you can before you start, if you rush it you may ended up not liking it and start all over again

Yep take your time. I've been collecting hardscape for over one year for certain scapes I have in mind. I don't even have a tank yet for those. Get way more rocks than you need and have a hammer handy.

thanks rebel will look into that

PSPANG.. yep got everything i need, been waiting for this tank for the past 4 months.. in that time i have been researching and sourcing all i need for the tank. What i found was the more i researched, the more things i was ordering lol

The hardscape materials will be both wood and rock. The rocks i found at a landscape supplier and the wood i found on the side of a river (that is a story in itself, one i will never forget haha) and its been soaking in water for the past 10 weeks, still got some tannins but they have reduced significantly.

the only thing i need to do now is sort out the scape and yes i agree totally i dont want to rush it and end up with something I am not happy with.

I was going to go with a 'two mountain' theme using the golden ratio to define placement and incorporate the wood with that rock work. Its just that there are so so many types of aquascapes out there that makes choosing difficult. There are so many beautiful aquariums in all styles, so confusing

What did you end up going with? Tank flooded yet?

My fav is the "volcano tank" if you google it, although it's salt. But the same idea could be fresh.

Research Studies:
    http://reefbase.org/resource_center/publication/main.aspx

This one?

If I were that crab, I'd be keen to get a piece of those fish...

Similar tank comes to mind by OK aqua.

Yes that's the volcano.

Research Studies:
    http://reefbase.org/resource_center/publication/main.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    Yes that's the volcano.
    Certainly very unusual to see hardscape coming out of a salty tank thats for sure!