Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fluvagumi - Fluval 23L

I see. You can easily DIY one but I wonder the cost would be worth it; even if you have all the incidentals such as soldering iron, solder etc etc
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chihiros...8emc8KfGGAsX3A

Pretty much most shrimp in here are second generation. I've got mostly red rilli with blue genes. I quite like the look actually. I may try to cull the mostly red ones or transparent ones.

2018-01-12_01-49-56 by Reb El, on Flickr

Ill get my yellows in the next week or two, then once they start going bananas (pun intended) lets discuss a trade if you'd like.

Rebel, I will be attempting to DIY the peltier cooler soon. The hot weather is really affecting my shrimps. Parts are ordered and on the way, I will post it up if it works out. Thinking of doing a closed loop system from the back of the fluval edge up into the HOB, that way it would be hidden.

Also with the LED strip I have ordered the cheap $40 cri 90+ ones on ebay, it's still on its way so no idea how it looks powered up.

Ok so I rescaped this tank. The pH went up to 9ish due to soft water and Sieryu. I couldn't get any plants to grow, although perhaps due to lack of light.

I have boosted the light with more LED strips and re done the scape. The Nerite is still there chugging away. I found one blue shrimp and a few rillis kicking about. I have acquired 15 yellows but will only introduce 5 due to previous multiple deaths in this tank. The temperature has remained pretty stable over the last few months between 23-25. The shrimp pretty much hide constantly and don't eat the shrimp food that I feed them. Not sure what's wrong with this tank!?

2018-02-06_12-34-35 by Reb El, on Flickr

Looks good rebel.

Two questions. 1. Is that a small piece of val on the right? 2. Are those little pieces of bark on the sand at the front?

You've got fairly slow growing stuff with the Bolbitis and nana so this scape should fill in nicely over a longer time frame. Ok I lied, third question, are you tempted to try some Buce? Kinda fits with the slower growing theme.

Hey dude, Thanks for your comments.

1. It's a small plant of H. tennellus broadleaf. - Looks like it will die tho.
    2. The black bits are left over Sieryu!
    3. I don't have any small buce but it's tempting! I may try some MC for the foreground just for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Hey dude, Thanks for your comments.

1. It's a small plant of H. tennellus broadleaf. - Looks like it will die tho.
    2. The black bits are left over Sieryu!
    3. I don't have any small buce but it's tempting! I may try some MC for the foreground just for laughs.
    my little 1ft cube is thriving with that light I used man, how long is this tank? Im going to be looking for a similar light that fits my tank properly soon. My unit might be good for your tank?

It's an odd dimension I think it's 43cm or something. Need to remeasure.

I am probably going to DIY a neat extra light for this one as I need it to look absolutely seamless.

I acquired 15 yellow shrimps but most were adults. 2 have perished and I distributed them among my quarantine and added two to this tank. So far they've been the most active shrimp in this tank. Fingers crossed for them.

Now I have blue, blue rilli, red (low quality) and yellow cherries in this tank. Keen to see what comes out of those crosses. I will probably remove any browns if they appear/and I can catch them.

This tank seems to have stabilised nicely. Still doesn't grow Rotala/MC well but Anubias and moss is growing very well for low tech.

I don't need to clean the glass currently. The Nerite is still alive and kicking.

The 2 yellow shrimp have really settled well. They are way more active than the other shrimp in there. I have been feeding bits of home grown mulberry, kale and once a week Hikari shrimp food.

2018-02-23_01-44-50 by Reb El, on Flickr

Clean. Does your love of the top view exceed your frustrations of maintaining through the small opening?

Hey Grubs, I am not crazy about the top view but its very good in an office environment. I have shelfs on the top of this and wanted to make sure nothing ever fell inside tge tank.

The 'scape' was designed to be minimal maintenance, maximal flow with the HOB filter and maximal access.

I havent done any maintenance for a few weeks so far. Thats why the wood has shifted a little due to variations in flow when water level changes due to evaporation.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast