Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fluvagumi - Fluval 23L

Haha - sorry can you send that contract again - my fish ate the last one.

I love how high you go with your water level haha. Always so much nicer for a tank shot not to have an "air gap" at the top.
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Quote Originally Posted by Grubs View Post
    Haha - sorry can you send that contract again - my fish ate the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    I love how high you go with your water level haha. Always so much nicer for a tank shot not to have an "air gap" at the top.
    I fill this tank above the brim. Probably suits my inklings to fill tanks as much as possible.

High water levels shots.....

2018-03-01_12-36-30 by Reb El, on Flickr

2018-03-01_12-35-57 by Reb El, on Flickr

Some denizens for your viewing pleasure.

2018-03-02_03-37-55 by Reb El, on Flickr

2018-03-01_01-05-26 by Reb El, on Flickr

From what I have seen, this blue guy is a lone ranger. RIP to all his cousins.

2018-03-05_10-49-09 by Reb El, on Flickr

Sad news!
    If you want to try again I have a bunch of juvenile blue dreams, just need to wait untill they are big enough for shipping

Quote Originally Posted by sweefu View Post
    Sad news!
    If you want to try again I have a bunch of juvenile blue dreams, just need to wait untill they are big enough for shipping
    Thanks Sweefu.

On the plus side I am happy the yellows are doing so well in this tank. Perhaps the tank was still unstable when I added the blues.

I am tempted to add some CRS to this tank at one stage. I will need to check the kH etc to make sure it's low. I think removal of the Sieryu has done this tank good.

I am slowly working on a peltier cooler which doesn't look intrusive on this tank. Stay tuned.

Default RE-Scape!

I rescaped this tank for a different look. I removed Fred and all the fish as the bioload was too high and caused too much algae. Blasting too much light didn't help proceedings either.

All my blues and yellows have perished without breeding. This means that I haven't been successful in keeping any coloured cherry shrimp except for the reds.

I now managed to balance the tank with low light. I used some locally found rocks which have great details....

New denizens. For the record, I've never been successful with CRS but I have my fingers firmly crossed.

2018-08-13_09-52-48 by Reb El, on Flickr

So far so good with the CRS.

2018-08-13_09-50-06 by Reb El, on Flickr

Nice Rebel! How'd you go with the peltier? I can show you the one I had on the fluval, however it only brought temps down by 1 degree tops. It was running off a usb port, so if you could supply more power to the peltier module I assume you'd get more cooling power

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Destruction View Post
    Nice Rebel! How'd you go with the peltier? I can show you the one I had on the fluval, however it only brought temps down by 1 degree tops. It was running off a usb port, so if you could supply more power to the peltier module I assume you'd get more cooling power
    Hey man , I am writing up the Peltier build separately. I started my proof of concept testing today to find that I had conneced the Peltier the wrong way around.... FOR HEATING!! I will have to dismantle and do it again tomorrow.

Mine is about 60W I think. (12V x 5A) but may need more. USB won't cut it as even the highest USB spec will only allow 9W x 1.66A = about 17W.

Failing my Peltier design, I've resorted to just using a 5V fan which brings the temperature from 23 to 18 although with fairly significant evaporation.

I've been growing both weeping and Christmas moss on this low light setup. The differences are quite interesting to see.

Weeping
    20181010_103754_HDR by Reb El, on Flickr

Christmas
    20181010_103812_HDR by Reb El, on Flickr

Frontal shot of the tank with the new scape?
    I was never successful either with yellow shrimps either...I wonder why, when the reds where breading like mad (same tank).

Hey DDM,

This scape is nothing to be proud of but here it is. Very low maintenance and I am trying to carpet MC with very little light!
    20181011_111344 by Reb El, on Flickr

I should really try to flatten out the front sub .....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast