Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fluvagumi - Fluval 23L

CRS seem to be happy so far. I have 8 out of ten left. Temperature is about 21 or so due to the fan. TDS 160. Very occasional ferts. I will have to add some Gh next water change which is usually 20% every 2 weeks.

MC is carpeting but it's getting some algae on it....still pondering whether I add an oto or not. Maybe I will bring Mr hidey back to this tank.

20181121_163057 by Reb El, on Flickr

Default Help!

So my shrimp have gone crazy with activity today. I don't think there has been any toxins but can't rule it out. I was planning to do a water change. Should I go ahead? Is this breeding activity?

Parameters TDS 150, temp 20
    Feeding mulberry leaves and occasional Shrimp bites
    No ferts for this tank

thanks!

Usually you'll be able to see the males chasing around females An increase in swimming activity is generally a sign of breeding occuring, as a female will have molted somewhere in the tank (or several females).

Incoming shrimplets soon!
    "The stuff I buy is a bit pricey however it is as dry as a nuns nasty" - BigDaddyAdo

Quote Originally Posted by indir View Post
    Usually you'll be able to see the males chasing around females An increase in swimming activity is generally a sign of breeding occuring, as a female will have molted somewhere in the tank (or several females).

Incoming shrimplets soon!
    +1 with that.

It's actually quite opposite when there's something wrong, shrimps usually appear more lethargic.

I had my males going crazy last night as well in my new shrimp tank. Stating the colony out with 10 RCS. My son picked it up and then he looked about and found the molting.
    I have 3 berried girls out of the 6 so looks like another one will join the group.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678