Thread: Aragonite and Seachem Flourite with peppered corydoras?

Default Aragonite and Seachem Flourite with peppered corydoras?

Hi

Is Aragonite, Seachem Flourite black, and Flourite black-sand ok for corys? Or is one or all to sharp for them?

Thanks

The fluorite black sand is probably fine. Is there a particular reason your using aragonite? Is your water very soft?

Quote Originally Posted by Juls View Post
    The fluorite black sand is probably fine. Is there a particular reason your using aragonite? Is your water very soft?
    I have had issues with my shrimp and mystery snail shells. Also, the tank has guppies and I had been told that they need harder water.

I reckon you should only use Aragonite if you are keeping hard water Ciclids or marine. for general planted/shrimp, it's enough to just chuck in a piece of coral in the filter to raise the kH to 4. gH of 6-8 is also fine without having to go overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I reckon you should only use Aragonite if you are keeping hard water Ciclids or marine. for general planted/shrimp, it's enough to just chuck in a piece of coral in the filter to raise the kH to 4. gH of 6-8 is also fine without having to go overboard.
    I might have to look at something like that. I only use a sponge filter so might have just add some to the tank.