Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket

No worries.
    Google has more revenue streams than just image hosting and with definition increasing sizes are only going to go up and purely image hosters will struggle unless they charge imo.

Testing.

your linking to the blog page, need to link to:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-69Js5SXJA...DBA7A06820.JPG

Thanks Colm. How did you get the link? I tried on my phone but only got blog link. Will keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by henson2476 View Post
    Create an all seeing google account and then create a blogger blog.
    Blogger hosts all the images so you can publish a blog page or multiple pages with all your photos and then link to 3rd party sites using the img code.
    Thanks Henson

I might give this a try as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Thanks Colm. How did you get the link? I tried on my phone but only got blog link. Will keep trying.
    Hold on the image and open in new tab, then copy that link

right click on the image and "copy image address" not sure how to do it one a phone tho, still I would stick with flickr

Urgh... Got my email today. I have hosted every forum picture since joining aquariumlife in 2007 on photobucket

I "might" try to fix some of the links - but as others have said the way Photobucket have gone about this is aweful. This will ruin massive amounts of forum content created by clever people that have moved on, passed away or simply don't have the time to manually fix years of work...

To anyone trying to defend their actions - I agree its not fair to whinge about something you get for free, but a one size fits all $400 a year price is utterly ridiculous in today's internet economy where apple, google, yahoo and a host of others are pricing 5gb of storage either free or $1.49 a month. I would be lucky to have 200mb of photos on photobuckets servers - $400 is totally out of the question, on principle even if I could justify it. It looks and smells like ransom to me - hoping that 0.1% of their users will actually pay the $400 because they need it for a business or aren't prepared to flush years of forum and blog posts on their chosen subject.

Dissapointing corporate behavior and one of my fears (unfounded as it turns out) when I signed up for a yahoo email account back in the 90's...

Yep got my email earlier today. My photos are not working on the forums now so i need to go back and fix up as much as i can.

Ive switched to linking photos on facebook.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I "might" try to fix some of the links
    Props to Aquariumlife for letting you go back and edit links ... many forums lock the posts after a period of time (which totally shits me). I've gone back to some of mine that were 8+ years old and fixed up links to photos.... thankfully I've never used photobucket. I can't imagine I'd have the enthusism to edit all mine!... but I hope everyone else fixes theirs!

This is frustrating, I don't want to loose all my photos, but I also cant be bothered dealing with photobucket to try and download them all and then re-upload.

I'm also aggravated by the low resolution stock photo they are replaced by.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOMON View Post
    This is frustrating, I don't want to loose all my photos, but I also cant be bothered dealing with photobucket to try and download them all and then re-upload.

I'm also aggravated by the low resolution stock photo they are replaced by.
    I would suggest download all photos incase (matter of when) they go out of business. Seeing that they are very sudden with their decisions, I would not be surprised if all images are lost overnight without any explanation.

I have started to chang all my forum photos over to Flickr, hell of a process. Fingers crossed some smart cookie creates a script or app to automate the process of moving all my other pictures over.
    Would be a prime business opportunity, I would certainly pay for it.

Soundcloud is about to go down next.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast