Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fishless Cycle Question - Low PH

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help! Has been honestly really appreciated!

I have come home to this blue/green tint to water, but a water change should sort it out. All parameters are still good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rFly View Post
    Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help! Has been honestly really appreciated!

I have come home to this blue/green tint to water, but a water change should sort it out. All parameters are still good though.

You are using Cal Aqua Black Earth yes? I had green water with this soil also, interesting to see if it goes away for you, I used Purigen and it cleared up over night after a month of regular water changes. Perhaps not the same source as the green water I experienced, mine turned green a day or so after flooding, your tank as been wet for awhile hey?

Excess nutrients in the water, meaning the plant growth so far is not keeping up with it and a bit of algae is feeding on the left overs. As plants establish they will increase uptake and out compete algae. AKA do nothing and it will come good.

Thanks guys, I'll just let it go.

Just one last thing, I noticed today extremely small white specs on the glass, then noticed some of them moving! Definitely not snails and nothing has been added to the tank. Are these a concern? I can't get a picture because they're so small sorry.
    Last edited by Sup3rFly; 13-08-17 at 02:23 PM.

How small are these white dots? In your last photo you can kind of see two small white dots in the top qtr of the photo, they could be seed shrimp or freshwater limpet, can come in on plants etc.

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    How small are these white dots? In your last photo you can kind of see two small white dots in the top qtr of the photo, they could be seed shrimp or freshwater limpet, can come in on plants etc.
    They would be similar size to what you can see in the photo but majority of that was CO2. But about that size. Guessing fish like to eat them?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234