Thread: New thread section?

Default New thread section?

You guys could maybe have a link that gives you a list of all the un answered threads? that would make it easier to help others

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    You guys could maybe have a link that gives you a list of all the un answered threads? that would make it easier to help others
    Commendable your noble thoughts are, but I know of such feature, not. [ speaks like Yoda ].

At the bottom of the page (eg. Plants subforum) click "sort threads by", click "number of replies" in the drop down menu and then tick "ascending order" where it says "order threads by" and then click "show threads" on the RHS to bring the ones with zero replies to page one. This doesn't take into account whether or not the threads are answered as ones with multiple replies may still be unanswered (people might comment things like "I've been wondering this too", etc.), but threads without replies would be a good place to start, I guess. I'd recommend jumping to the transition between the threads with no replies and the ones with one reply and working your way backwards through the posts with no replies as that way you'll be starting with the most recently asked question. For example, when you do this in the Plants subforum the most recently asked question with zero replies is on page 11 as it was asked on the 18-03-17 (yes, that's 11 whole pages of threads with no replies!), then of course the next thread in ascending order would be the earliest thread in the subforum with one reply (a thread posted in '06), etc., etc.... Hopefully this isn't too complicated to understand.
    Last edited by Cryptocorynus; 03-06-17 at 12:41 PM.
    Rainbowfish, Cryptocoryne, Echinodorus

the forum can not differentiate between a question or an answer or a blathering rant.

however top left link, "New Posts" brings up all new responses and threads since your last visit. it's what i use.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.