Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A New Journey - Iwagumi Style

Quick update - Not much has changed, added a tiny bit of driftwood for the shrimp and now the continuous trimming starts...

Before trimming...

After trimming... - and some not so happy shrimp.

Well done man. The HC carpet is forming very nicely. Also the S.repens is carpeting very well too

Quote Originally Posted by Monty1089 View Post
    Well done man. The HC carpet is forming very nicely. Also the S.repens is carpeting very well too
    Don't have an image at the moment, but all the carpet is gone, it lost a battle to hair algae and lifted and is all gone . Have to start all over again now.

Will update with an image soon.

With hair algae, one could use Algaefix but it's really toxic to shrimp and some fish. It's deactivated within 3 days however.

Your first attempt was really good. Keep going!

[ I have heaps of MC and hair grass if you are keen.... btw your carpet was HM rather than anything else... HM looks very similar to HC/MC when grown emersed... ]

Well this is what it looks like currently - just waiting for everything to grow back

Loving this!

Looks to be bouncing back. While it's growing, it's worth increasing ferts and CO2 if it's possible.

Thanks Rebel, I've bumped the Co2 up and increased ferts a tiny bit so far. need to be careful with the shrimp...the fish are fine, although the rummy nose have a new interest in hunting the shrimp.

Thanks Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rFly View Post
    although the rummy nose have a new interest in hunting the shrimp.
    Mine became like that and they never looked back. Always had shrimp coming out of their mouths like greedy monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Mine became like that and they never looked back. Always had shrimp coming out of their mouths like greedy monsters.
    They just don't stop - first i thought maybe they needed more food, but now I've just come to the conclusion they're just monsters, like you said. They even get in under the plants to try flush them out, never seen a fish so desperate.

try giving em mosquito larvae if you have 'access' to some. Might keep their blood lust low.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123