Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Journey - Iwagumi Style

Looking good. With some patience and careful trim and plant, you can have a thick carpet. I've propagated HC from one strand once. It requires pretty careful attention though. Plant one strand at a time about 1.5cm apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Looking good. With some patience and careful trim and plant, you can have a thick carpet. I've propagated HC from one strand once. It requires pretty careful attention though. Plant one strand at a time about 1.5cm apart.

Thanks Rebel. That is some serious skill and definitely requires a lot of patience and carefulness to be able to propagate from a single strand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rFly View Post
    Thanks Rebel. That is some serious skill and definitely requires a lot of patience and carefulness to be able to propagate from a single strand!!!
    Also alot of luck. Currently I still have the same stock from a few years ago - about 3 strands in emersed culture coping with Canberra weather of -3 or so at night....

How is this looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    How is this looking?
    Not bad, I think haha? It's finally cycled, now needs some fish! Going to get some SAE next weekend to do some cleaning.

Not the best photos - Sorry

Use SAE's as a last resort. They get big and lazy. Try algae eating shrimp and ottos first.

Hi Sup3rFly,

I'm considering the same CO2 kit as yours - Wyin reg & Sera reactor. Are you happy with the setup?

The only challenge I have is the Sera reactor is 16mm hosing while my external filter is 25mm. I wonder if this will restrict my outflow

Quote Originally Posted by PSPANG View Post
    Hi Sup3rFly,

I'm considering the same CO2 kit as yours - Wyin reg & Sera reactor. Are you happy with the setup?

The only challenge I have is the Sera reactor is 16mm hosing while my external filter is 25mm. I wonder if this will restrict my outflow
    Hey PSPANG, I'm happy with the setup. Wouldn't change a thing. I may be wrong, but I think that would possibly create a bottleneck at the reactor, but the flow coming out should still be the same?

Update:

The tank is looking great.

I love the look of the plant in the mid ground. Are you able to share details on the plants you have?

Quote Originally Posted by nickl View Post
    The tank is looking great.

I love the look of the plant in the mid ground. Are you able to share details on the plants you have?
    Thanks Nickl - Sure, I've also updated the main post regarding plants and stocking.

Foreground - HC (Hemianthus Callitrichoides)

Midground - S. Repens (Staurogyne repens) and some rogue Dwarf Hairgrass (Eleocharis acicularis)

Background - Anubias Barteri and Blyxa japonica

Looking very nice. Time to enjoy it!!!

Quick update for those following HC carpeting well, just need to trim it so it stops going for the light. Have some rogue dwarf hairgrass, no idea where it came from but can't pull it out now. S. repens are just taking over.

Also how does everyone trim with shrimp around? Scared ill cut one of them by accident, they seem to move quickly though...sometimes.

Looking good, seems like you have some HM mixed in with the carpet, that would be what is growing for the light, it creeps but also grows upwards, can see the HM back right and also across your carpet at the front.

With shrimp, I just go at the carpet with the scissors, they get out of the way, they can be annoying, coming to inspect the scissors, just brush them away!

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    Looking good, seems like you have some HM mixed in with the carpet, that would be what is growing for the light, it creeps but also grows upwards, can see the HM back right and also across your carpet at the front.

With shrimp, I just go at the carpet with the scissors, they get out of the way, they can be annoying, coming to inspect the scissors, just brush them away!
    I think you may be very right. It's a shame but i guess it will just need some constant trimming till the HC hopefully strangles it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast