Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chihiros RGB Discussion

I'll knock it down a few levels and see how hot it is when I get home from work tomorrow. No idea about the switch/dimmer, assume it's a typo?

I have the A series and it came with a simple push button dimmer. I can switch on-off with middle button (with memory) and increase and decrease brightness. No fancy modes.

So running the light two modes down from the highest setting really reduced the heat output. Its only slightly warm to the touch now after 10 hours of on time. I'll set it to the 1st setting down from the highest light and see how it goes tomorrow.

A scholar and a gentleman.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors,
    We borrow it from our Children.

My experiments continue, on the second highest setting the light is warm to the touch but not scolding like at the brightest setting.

So much science in this thread, think I will submit a journal article.

I was browsing the Hinterfeld.com website and found they have released the Chihiros RGB leds for 90cm and 120cm tanks.

Be prepared for a slap in the face .. the prices are outrageous.

90cm RGB: $233.87
    120cm RGB: $288.23

http://www.hinterfeld.com/chihiros-r...-4-plant-tank/

Just too expensive for what you get. Plus it is no where near as bright compared to the A-series and even more worse compared to A-series plus. You do get RGB colours but is it worth it for so much extra money? I would pass on this.

Yep, saw them too. Looking at the 30 and 45 RGB. however in AUS the Prices are ridiculous. from Aliexpress you pay about $70/78 depending on seller and for the 45 you pay about $89/90 and fee shipping. Here in aus you pay $98.00 for the 30m RGB.

Warranty is another issue as well. if you buy in AUS you should get a warranty. However IF the Models are made to last then where you buy them shouldn't be an issue. However one may find that there is always a clause with warranties and in most cases you will end up having to pay for the item to be repaired. point is if you can get it from overseas for a better price then do it.
    Althought individual fish do not cost much, do not think of fish as cheap little expendables.

The jump in price is a bit crazy, I assume it cost much more to product the longer light...

RE warranty, I have found buying direct from hinterfeld to be very good, at least for DOA orders or factory defects etc. The Chihiros lights are pretty budget and that can be seen in the build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yep, saw them too. Looking at the 30 and 45 RGB. however in AUS the Prices are ridiculous. from Aliexpress you pay about $70/78 depending on seller and for the 45 you pay about $89/90 and fee shipping. Here in aus you pay $98.00 for the 30m RGB.

Warranty is another issue as well. if you buy in AUS you should get a warranty. However IF the Models are made to last then where you buy them shouldn't be an issue. However one may find that there is always a clause with warranties and in most cases you will end up having to pay for the item to be repaired. point is if you can get it from overseas for a better price then do it.
    I didn't think to check Aliexpress. I guess you can pay more to have local warranty and faster delivery or you can get from overseas at a considerably cheaper price. However the RGB 90 and 120 is stupid expensive and it's an overseas price. Can you imagine the Australian retailer price? lol

Quote Originally Posted by doylecolmdoyle View Post
    The jump in price is a bit crazy, I assume it cost much more to product the longer light...
    I also think they factor into the cost the extra shipping charges to send items 90cm and over across the globe. Oversize items are probably way more expensive than the lights 60cm and under. That's my guess though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123