Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beamswork yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishandme3 View Post
    Rebel, do you know of any lights other than nemo with similar characteristics as described in this thread however has sunrise and sunset feature? Without spending $500
    No such light exists AFAIK.

TC420 or a wifi controller (not sure whether these can do sunrise etc) will be required for the above lights.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-...a-08b77d7bec6a

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RGB-LED-S...oAAOSw32lY02rP

How did you go with DEE lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2212 View Post
    How did you go with DEE lights?
    I haven't purchased any lights yet. I am still debating if i should purchase the DEE lights.

There are no reviews on DEE lights so it's hard to take the plunge.

In fact i am leaning more towards Chihiros.

The Chihiros (even though powered with 0.3w leds) are going to be far brighter than the DEE lights. Chihiros A901 has 180 white leds while DEE 3ft has 56 white leds, 6 blue + 6 red + 6 green leds so a total of 72 leds. The advantage of DEE is 0.5w leds for better penetration (but not that much better). Dee also a more user friendly stand that can tilt backwards when cleaning the tank. Both lights are very similar priced with DEE slightly more expensive.

I am not really sure what to purchase.

Has anyone purchased the DEE light or seen it or know anything else about it?

Just to let others know i emailed Aquaholics earlier today asking for more information regarding the DEE lights as well as their experiences with the light. Hopefully they reply with useful information to help us in deciding whether to buy or not.

I have used the DEE led light Units this is the all white version, they are well built for the money. the leds used are the 5030 which are bright. The appearance of the hue the light emits is a nice crisp white, not a yellowish colour.

I originally bought 2 4ft units for the Horizon 182. However I only had this tank for 2 weeks then sold it, the plant i had in the tank over this period was Ambulia. new growth within one week. for the price they do have the oomph to grow plants very well.

as for the newer version, its most likely going to have the same success rate as the all white model.

Link with the horizon 182 tank. you can see the new growth on the Mayaca and the Ambulia.
    http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showt...ale?highlight=
    Althought individual fish do not cost much, do not think of fish as cheap little expendables.

Thanks Kyle for your experience.

I think the older DEE model was also 0.5w leds and colour temperature of 6500k-6700k. Both models would potentially be the same light output but planted DEE model has full spectrum leds with green, blue and red bulbs for better plant growth.

I am still waiting on Aquaholics to get back to me with their experience with these lights. I also had a look at your thread and it does provide adequate lighting throughout the tank.

Will update this thread once/if i receive any news.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12