Thread: Just when i thought it wasnt going to happen!!

Cool Just when i thought it wasnt going to happen!!

So been trying to breed my CPD's for the past few months with no success. So i stopped as I am selling the house, so just went back to routine due to limited time. Tried separate tanks, no filters, same water that they were happily living in etc etc.
    They would jump out of the breeding tank. So I changed from sponge filter in the main tank to simply putting air into tank for water movement is all the changes I did.

So today, just about to do water change in their main tank, and I noticed something moving about 1cm long. Took a closer look and baby fish are everywhere. I think there is about 30 fry
    from about 0.5cm -> 1cm.
    guppies, rasboras hengeli, corydoras sterbai, SAE, dwarf chain loaches, otos, neons

Congratulations.
    Good to see doing nothing has paid off. It gives me hope that my lazy ways might give me great results.. Not..Lol

Congrats! Perhaps the stability of conditions helped them make up their minds....

they are continually breeding now... I see babies of all sizes now.
    guppies, rasboras hengeli, corydoras sterbai, SAE, dwarf chain loaches, otos, neons

Nice work indeed!! What size is your tank?

2ft tank...... no filters, airstone in one corner......... minimal water top ups..........

Quote Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
    2ft tank...... no filters, airstone in one corner......... minimal water top ups..........
    Is it fully planted? Any full tank shot?

i just have a moss mass in one corner, some needle java fern , and 2 toned substrate..... had a look last night and looks like they have been at it again and have a new batch coming through. Might have to move a group to a new tank.